FMCSA will announce twelve total winners
in Fall 2021. FMCSA judges will determine one
Grand Prize winner and one Honorable Mention
winner for each of the four contest categories.
Additionally, a new vote through the Our Roads,
Our Safety Facebook page will determine one
People’s Choice winner for each of the four
Winners will receive:
Inclusion in a Winner Announcement Video
Recognition on FMCSA’s Kid Zone and Teen Zone
A framed copy of the winning work
An award certiﬁcate
Inclusion in the 2022 Road Safety Art Contest Calendar
RULES FOR ALL ART CONTEST ENTRIES
1. Entry deadline is June 4, 2021. FMCSA will ofﬁcially announce winners via the FMCSA website and
social media in fall 2021.
2. Artwork must include imagery or references to large trucks and/or buses. Including cars, motorcycles,
bicycles, or pedestrians is also encouraged. Seat belt usage for all people pictured in vehicles is mandatory.
Artwork should not depict crashes and injuries; safety messages should be kept positive.
3. Each student can submit only one entry.
4. A parent or guardian must complete and sign the entry form. Submissions must be horizontal (landscape)
in layout or orientation; vertical layouts will not be accepted.
5. The student must produce the artwork without assistance from anyone else. The entry must be original. It
cannot be a copy or modiﬁcation of another work, such as a picture that is copied and then colored.
6. Submissions must not include any copyrighted logos and brands.
7. Software or online programs may be used to assemble/edit an entry, however, the entry must be primarily
generated by the student’s own creativity and concept.
Additional Rules for Video and Photo Entries
8. Physical safety is mandatory when capturing video or photos. Content must not be captured while
operating a vehicle; riding a bicycle, scooter, or skateboard; or in any other dangerous situations.
9. Video submissions from a group are permitted. An entry form signed by the parent/guardian of each
student in the group must be submitted. No person outside the student group can provide any assistance.
10. Video or photo submissions must not include any copyrighted material (such as copyrighted music, video
clips, stock images, logos, or brands).
HOW TO SUBMIT
1. Email submissions to email@example.com. Subject line must read: “2021 Road Safety Art Contest
Submission: [Student’s First and Last Name].”
2. All non-video entries must be submitted as a high-resolution photo or scan. Accepted ﬁle types include
JPG, PNG, or PDF and must not exceed 10MB. For all video entries and non-video entries larger
than 10MB, please submit via email with a ﬁle sharing link. Be sure to include the email subject line
regardless of entry type.
3. The completed and signed entry form must be attached to the email. Digital signatures are acceptable,
or the parent/guardian may print, sign, scan and email the form.