we are futuremakers
START COLLEGE NOW APPLICATIONS INSTRUCTIONS
Please read through and follow the step-by-step directions below to ensure all sections and processes are
Student/Parent Specific Responsibilities:
1) Complete 10
grade and be in good academic standing. (Program is available to 11
2) Complete the application for the Start College Now Program found here: Start College Now Application
3) Submit the completed form (including student/parent/guardian signatures) no later than March 1 for fall
semester courses and October 1 for spring semester courses to high school board of district in which the student
resides. This is typically done by submitting the form to a high school counselor.
4) If the student disagrees with the school board's decision regarding comparability of courses or satisfaction of
high school graduation requirements, the student may appeal the school board's decision to the state
superintendent within 30 days after the decision.
5) Transportation to and/or from the technical college is the student’s responsibility.
6) Reference Subchapter 38.12 (14)
for eligibility requirements prior to filling out the application.
Technical College Responsibilities:
1) Admit the student to the technical college if he or she meets the requirements; prerequisites of the course or
courses and if there is space available in the course for which the student applied. Space availability will be
determined once all other eligible recipients have been admitted to the course.
2) Collaborate with the high school district at least 30 days before the beginning of the technical college semester
in which the student will be enrolled. Notify the student, in writing, if a course in which the student will be
enrolled does not meet the high school graduation requirements and whether the course is comparable to a
course offered in the high school district.
3) Ensure that the student’s educational program meets the high school graduation requirements under s. 118.33
High School District Responsibilities:
1) Collaborate with the technical college in which the student is enrolled, at least 30 days before the beginning of
the technical college semester to ensure comparable course and graduation requirements.
2) Confirm the technical college application due date.
3) Submit payment to the technical college, in two installments payable upon initial enrollment and at the end of
the semester, for those courses taken for high school credit. The amount charged should be equal to the cost of
tuition, course fees, and books for a student who is attending the technical college and is a resident of this state.
4) Engage in ongoing communication and support with the student enrolled in the technical college.
5) Coordinate with the technical college’s career prep coordinator. WTCS District Career Prep Coordinators List
1 | Page December 13, 2017