This document contains Forms A, B, C and C-1. The complete Evaluation Procedures can be found at:
It is strongly recommended that you download this form to your computer before starting. Once this form is on
your computer you can open the form and start your evaluation. To help keep these forms organized please
rename the form to include the name of the person being evaluated and the term (Ex, JohnSmithSp2017).
All forms contained in this document are fillable.
In order to best determine and improve the College’s success in meeting its Mission, evaluation of all faculty
members of Southern Union will occur on an annual basis from August 1 to July 31. The purpose of the annual
evaluation is to maintain high educational standards in all areas, monitor and improve instruction, and provide
for professional growth that enhances learning.
The evaluation instrument should:
1. Provide an accurate, fair, and objective method for evaluation of all faculty members
2. Recognize the strengths of the individual faculty member with regards to knowledge and
3. Encourage professional development and educational growth that strengthens performance
and enhances student learning.
4. Identify opportunities for individual faculty growth by providing a means of support and
development of procedures or training in order to enhance student learning.
5. Recognize professional, educational, and community involvement by the faculty that enhances
the College and its ability to serve the students and the community.
6. Allow faculty members to document their achievements, set goals, express concerns, and
respond to their evaluation in a timely manner.
7. Provide a documented history of the faculty member’s performance and managerial skills as
they relate to the job description for that faculty member.
8. Reflect the evaluation process as a cooperative effort and an evolving process for the
betterment of students, faculty, and the entire College.
Meets Expectations: This rating indicates the person is meeting all of the required functions of the category
being evaluated. This is the standard and represents a positive evaluation.|
Needs Improvement: The employee is not meeting the standard required functions of the category being
evaluated. This is below standard. This rating requires a written explanation by the Evaluator.
Exceeds Expectations: This rating shows exceptional achievement above and beyond the job description. This
rating requires a written explanation by the employee or Evaluator.
Does Not Apply: Refers to a job, activity, or category that this individual is not expected to or required to
accomplish, and is not part of the job description. This rating does not imply a negative rating.