Declaration of Affordability
I/we conrm that the mortgage payments which relate to this application are aordable to me/us and I/we have taken into consideration:
1. That interest rates may increase and as a result my/our payments will increase.
2. That the mortgage payments are aordable when taking into account my/our income and expenditure details provided in Section 3 of
the Application Form, which are a true reection of my/our current circumstances and any foreseeable changes to them.
NHL Ltd reserves the right to request additional information
Declarations by you and use of your personal information
Points to note:
• Please take time to read these declarations carefully and then sign them below.
• You should make sure that all sections of the application form have been fully completed before being signed by you. If any section does not apply, please put “not applicable”.
If the application form is incomplete then this may delay our processing of the mortgage.
• These declarations are addressed to Norton Home Loans Ltd (NHL Ltd) and also other companies associated with the Norton Group and its successors in title and assignees
(referred to below as “NHL Ltd”).
Declarations by you
1. I am/we are 18 years of age or over
2. I am a/we are British Citizen(s) or if I am a/we are foreign national(s) I/we have a right to reside in the United Kingdom throughout the period of the mortgage.
3. The information provided in my/our application form is correct to the best of my/our knowledge and belief. I understand that NHL Ltd may make all necessary enquiries to
verify the information I/we have given and I/we authorise them to do so.
4. I/we will let NHL Ltd know if any of the information given in connection with my/our mortgage application changes before the mortgage completes, especially in relation to
my/our nancial circumstances.
5. I/we authorise NHL Ltd to make enquiries of any person in connection with this application including to my/our employer(s), my/our bankers, any other lender I/we have a
mortgage or loan with and any credit reference agency. I/we authorise such persons to disclose to NHL Ltd any information requested from them.
6. I/we conrm that details about anyone who will be occupying the property immediately on completion of the mortgage have been disclosed by me/us in this application form.
I will let NHL Ltd know if there is to be any change in the occupants before completion of the mortgage.
7. I understand that unless I/we get the consent of NHL Ltd
a) the property should only be occupied by me/us and my/our family as my/our main residence.
b) no part of the property shall be used for business purposes and
c) that I am/we are not permitted to grant any tenancy or license of the property.
8. I/we acknowledge that NHL Ltd may withdraw the mortgage oer at any time up until the mortgage completes and that no reason may be given for doing so. As soon as
the funds have been released to complete the mortgage, then I/we will be bound by the terms of the mortgage oer and legal charges that accompanies it (in Scotland, known
as the Standard Security and in Northern Ireland the Mortgage Deed).
9. I/we will inform NHL Ltd if there are any fees and charges that I have agreed to pay to any intermediary which are not shown on any Mortgage Illustration or Mortgage Oer
10. I/we agree that NHL Ltd may without notice transfer or assign the mortgage that I/we enter into with you to a third party and that this includes any legal or equitable interest
that NHL Ltd has in the Mortgage or the security. I also understand that NHL Ltd may outsource the administration of my/our mortgage to a third party.
If I/we request NHL Ltd to send the mortgage amount by telegraphic, CHAPS or other electronic transfer, I/we authorise you to deduct the transfer fee from the mortgage amount
12. My/our income is sucient to enable me to aord the mortgage repayments. I am/we are aware that if interest rates increase then my/our monthly payments will go up.
I am/we are aware that I/we will still have to pay the mortgage if I/we lose my/our job(s) or if illness prevents me/us from working.
13. Where the mortgage is an interest only mortgage, I/we understand that it is my/our responsibility to ensure that I/we have an adequate repayment vehicle or have other
arrangements in place to repay the capital at the end of the term.
IMPORTANT - Use of your Personal Information
14. NHL Ltd will use and process your personal details
a) to process the mortgage application you have made and to use the information to search with credit reference and fraud prevention agencies referred to below,
b) to assist NHL Ltd to administer the mortgage and any other products that are being provided to you in connection with your application
15. NHL Ltd will disclose your personal details to
a) NHL Ltd’s insurers, auditors, solicitors, professional advisors, sub-contractors or any person providing services to NHL Ltd or who are involved in the mortgage application,
who have agreed to treat your personal information details as condential.
b) any proposed or actual transferee or assignee of the mortgage or their professional advisors, any funders of NHL Ltd or their professional advisors or any proposed or
actual third party involved in any matter relating to the administration of your mortgage with NHL Ltd who have agreed to treat your personal details as condential.
c) any body having a legal right to your personal information, including the police and any other legal and regulatory authorities and government bodies.
d) any person where such disclosure is necessary to enable NHL Ltd to ensure that your obligations under any agreement or mortgage with NHL Ltd is/are being complied
with and to ensure that any security given in connection with any loan is not at risk.
e) any third party with your consent.
16. NHL Ltd will search the les of credit reference agencies and the Electoral Register. Credit Reference agencies will keep a record of this search, whether or not this application
proceeds so that it may be used by other lenders in assessing applications from you and anyone who lives with you. NHL Ltd may check your Personal Details with fraud
prevention agencies and if you give NHL Ltd false or inaccurate information and NHL Ltd suspect fraud, NHL Ltd may record this. Further information, including our ‘Credit
Reference Agency Information Notice’ can be found at www.nortonhomeloans.co.uk/CRAIN
17. NHL Ltd will disclose personal details to credit reference and fraud prevention agencies. Details of how you conduct your account may be given to these agencies, and
repossession information held on any register may be shared with other lenders and used for credit assessment, debt tracing, fraud detection and default in payment to protect
you from theft/fraud. NHL Ltd will add to these records details of your agreement with NHL Ltd, the payments made under it and any default in payment or failure to keep to
its terms. NHL Ltd and other organisations may search these records to
a) help make decisions about credit and credit related services, for you and those with whom you may be linked nancially or other members of your household
b) help make decisions on motor, household, credit, life and other insurance proposals and insurance claims, for you and those with whom you may be linked nancially or
other members of your household
c) trace debtors, recover debt, detect or prevent fraud, manage our accounts or insurance policies, and
d) verify your identity to prevent money laundering, unless you furnish NHL Ltd with other satisfactory proof of identity.
18. Your telephone calls may be recorded or monitored for training purposes and for your protection. Any email to and from NHL Ltd may also be monitored for the same reasons.
19. Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have the right of access to your personal records held by NHL Ltd upon written request and payment of fee and you also have
right to request that inaccurate details be amended, or in certain circumstances, be expunged from NHL Ltd’s records. You also have a right of access to your personal
records held by credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies and NHL Ltd will supply their names and addresses upon written request from you.
Only sign if you have completed all sections of this form and you are satised that all the information you have provided is correct
Before signing this form please ensure that you have read the declarations and the section marked “use of your personal information”.
By signing this application you are consenting to our processing and using your personal information for the purposes stated.
Signatures of all applicants
THINK CAREFULLY BEFORE SECURING OTHER DEBTS AGAINST YOUR HOME. YOUR HOME MAY BE
REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE OR ANY OTHER DEBT SECURED
Applicant 1 Date
Applicant 2 Date