I DECLARE THE FOLLOWING UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY:
4. , the landlord or the landlord's authorized agent filed a complaint to recover
possession of the premises. (This date is in the accompanying Summons and Complaint.)
I occupied the premises on the date the complaint was filed (the date in item 4). I have continued to occupy the premises ever
I claim a right to possession of the premises because I occupied the premises on the date the complaint was filed (the date in item
I was not named in the Summons and Complaint.
I understand that if I make this claim of possession, I will be added as a defendant to the unlawful detainer (eviction) action.
(Continued on reverse)
CP10.5 [Rev. June 15, 2015]
Code of Civil Procedure, §§ 415.46,
715.010, 715.020, 1174.25
PREJUDGMENT CLAIM OF RIGHT
(Filing fee) I understand that I must go to the court and pay a filing fee of or file with the court an
"Application for Waiver of Court Fees and Costs." I understand that if I don't pay the filing fee or file the form for waiver of court
fees, I will not be entitled to make a claim of right to possession.
I was at least 18 years of age on the date the complaint was filed (the date in item 4).
My name is (specify):
I reside at (street address, unit no., city and ZIP code):
The address of "the premises" subject to this claim is (address):
On (insert date):
EVERYONE WHO LIVES IN THIS RENTAL UNIT MAY BE EVICTED BY COURT ORDER. READ THIS FORM
IF YOU LIVE HERE AND IF YOUR NAME IS NOT ON THE ATTACHED SUMMONS AND COMPLAINT.
1. If you live here and you do not complete and submit this form, you may be evicted without further hearing by the court along with
the persons named in the Summons and Complaint.
2. You must file this form within 10 days of the date of service listed in the box on the right hand side of this form.
l Exception: If you are a tenant being evicted after your landlord lost the property to foreclosure, the 10-day deadline does not
apply to you and you may file this form at any time before judgment is entered.
3. If you file this form, your claim will be determined in the eviction action against the persons named in the complaint.
4. If you do not file this form, you may be evicted without further hearing.
5. If you are a tenant being evicted due to foreclosure, you have additional rights and should seek legal advice immediately.
NAME OF COURT:
CITY AND ZIP CODE:
FOR COURT USE ONLY
PREJUDGMENT CLAIM OF RIGHT TO POSSESSION
CLAIMANT OR CLAIMANT'S ATTORNEY (Name and Address):
ATTORNEY FOR (Name):
DATE OF SERVICE:
(Date that form is served or delivered,
posted, and mailed by the officer or
(To be completed by the process server)
Complete this form only if ALL of these statements are true:
1. You are NOT named in the accompanying Summons and Complaint.
2. You occupied the subject premises on or before the date the unlawful
detainer (eviction) complaint was filed. (The date is in the accompanying
Summons and Complaint.)
3. You still occupy the subject premises.