PETITION TO WITHDRAW UNDER EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCES
of Death Certificate and proof of relationship documentation needed
Copy of Court summons of Jury
5. Military Service
1. Death in the immediate family
2. Jury Duty
4. Work Schedule Changes
A letter verifying medical or mental health need from a treating medical or mental health professional,
indicating the dates and semester affected, must be presented to the Admissions and Records Department
with a Release of Medical Information.
A letter from Employer, on
Company letterhead, indicating the dates and hours of work schedule changes
requested by the company.
Copy of Military Orders is required.
1. Petitions can only be used after the last day to withdraw in a semester (50% of the class enrollment period), the
only exception is Military Withdrawal. Petition to Withdraw must be submitted to the campus attended for each
course. It is beneficial for you to speak to your instructors concerning your need to withdraw from classes.
2. With few exceptions, the student must be withdrawn from
all classes in the semester for which the petition is
being requested. The majority of these exceptions entail:
a) Physical or Medical Withdrawal from a PE/DANCE class.
b) Retaining a Short-term class that has been completed prior to the need to withdraw.
c) Retaining 100% Web classes that can be ‘attended’ at
3. Petition must be submitted no later than the end of the semester following the semester in which the
extenuating circumstances occurred (include only Spring and Fall in this determination).
4. The reason for the withdrawal must be for circumstances
outside the student’s control and
must be fully
verifiable and documentation by a reliable third party.
II. REASONS FOR WITHDRAWAL:
III. IMPORTANT NOTES:
1. All required documentation must be submitted with completed petition. Incomplete submissions will be denied
and returned to the student.
2. Upon acceptance of the petition, Admissions & Records may consult with the Instructor of record for each class.
3. Please allow at least 30 working days from receipt of your petition for processing.
4. Student will receive a copy of the petition with the results once all necessary reviews have been completed.