#YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship Application
The #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship recognizes international students who have a vision for enhancing intercultural
understanding. Participating colleges and universities will each offer two annual, renewable scholarships that cover a
minimum of 50% tuition to selected international undergraduates dedicated to furthering the #YouAreWelcomeHere
message by bridging intercultural divides. Applicants will answer a short essay question or present a multimedia project
about their ideas for applying their leadership skills on their future campuses.
• Be a first-year international applicant of any major to a participating college or university. An international applicant
is an individual who holds citizenship in a country outside the U.S. and who does not also possess U.S. citizenship
or permanent residency.
• Demonstrates interest and initiative in leadership and intercultural learning.
• Students must complete a #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship application for each separate institution by the
• Complete a 500-1000-word essay or a two-to-five-minute video* answering the following prompt,
“Tell us about your leadership skills in your school or community, and how you plan to continue applying
your leadership skills at the school you are applying to?”
(*Some participating colleges and universities will only accept essays. Check with individual schools for details.)
1. Apply for admission at participating colleges/universities of your choice. Please note that admissions processes
vary from institution to institution. Please contact your chosen college/university for additional details.
2. Submit the one-page #YouAreWelcomeHere application to your chosen colleges/universities by your institutions’