Rev. PL; na / rb / mpb 12.03.2019 1
You are petitioning to amend the residency rate determined by the data you entered on your new application or to notify
the college of a change to your former status. According to Title 5 section 54024, among acceptable evidence of intent to
establish California residence includes but is not limited to:
1. Ownership of principal residence property or continuous occupancy of
rented or leased property in California.
2. Registering to vote and voting in California.
3. Licensing from California for professional practices.
4. Active membership in services or social clubs.
5. Showing California as home address on federal income tax form.
6. Payment of California state income tax as a resident.
7. Possessing California motor vehicle license plate.
8. Possessing a California driver’s license.
9. Establishing and maintaining active California bank accounts.
10. Being the petitioner for a divorce in California.
11. Maintaining permanent military address or home of record in California with the armed forces.
According to Title 5 section 54024, conduct inconsistent with a claim of California residence includes but is not limited to:
1. Maintaining voter registration and voting in another state.
2. Being the petitioner for a divorce in another state.
3. Attending an out-of-state institution as a resident of that other state.
4. Declaring non-residence in California for state income tax purposes.
If your citizenship/immigration status needs to be clarified, you will be asked to enter the title of the documentation you
are submitting as evidence of the immigrant status that allows you to establish California residency. Non U.S. Citizen
documentation to prove immigration status may be such things as:
1. Passport/Visa type
2. Permanent resident card I-551/Greencard.
3. Proof of original file date I-130, I-94, Letter from filing attorney.
4. I-688 or I-688A Employment Authorization Card.
Special Considerations for DACA students who will submit or have submitted the Dream Application:
If you are a DACA student who will submit or who has submitted the Dream Application, we also recommend that you
submit the following additional documentation:
1. Proof of either:
• Having attended a combination of California high school, adult school, and community college for the
equivalent of three (3) years or more.
• Having three (3) or more years of California high school coursework and attended a combination of
California elementary, secondary, and high school of three (3) years or more.
2. Proof of completion:
• Graduated with a California high school diploma or have the equivalent (i.e., California-issued GED,
• Completed an Associate’s degree from a California Community College.
• Completed the minimum requirements at a California Community College for transfer to the California
State University or the University of California.
Please complete pages 2 through 4, attach required documentation, and submit in-person at the Admissions and Records
Office (Building 1600, Room 1670, 2
Floor). You will be notified via email once your petition has been processed.
PETITION FOR CORRECTION OR RECLASSIFICATION FROM NONRESIDENT OR
FOREIGN STUDENT TUITION STATUS TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENT
Attach 2 (minimum) documents that
contain the following:
• Your name
• California address
• Date that is 366 days old
first day of semester.
Example: If the term starts on
1/13/2020, the documents must be
dated on or before 1/14/2019.