YORK TECHNICAL COLLEGE
APPEAL PROCESS FOR AWARDING ACADEMIC CREDIT
An appeal process exists for students who want to appeal a decision related to the awarding of
academic credit by York Technical College. This appeal process applies to regionally accredited
college credit, non-regionally accredited college credit, military credit, foreign credentials, and
other experiences such as work experience, professional certificates, or other relevant collegiate
and non-collegiate experiences.
Students desiring further review of their previously earned credit or learning experiences should:
1. Review all transfer and/or exemption credit awarded by York Technical College via the
student’s Web Advisor account (see Academic Transcript).
2. Complete the Academic Credit Appeal Form (under Student Forms in Web Advisor) or
available in Enrollment Services in the Student Services building.
3. Submit the completed Academic Credit Appeal Form to the Academic Records Office.
4. The Academic Records Office will review the appeal request and notify the student if
additional documentation is required to further evaluate the academic credit.
5. Upon receipt of additional documentation (if applicable), the Registrar or the Associate
Registrar who did not previously complete the initial evaluation of academic credit will
re-evaluate the credit or experience being appealed. The subject-matter department chair
(if applicable) will also re-evaluate the credit being appealed and any additional
documentation submitted. If students do not submit the additional documentation
requested, no further review will occur.
6. A decision will be made by the Registrar and the subject-matter department chair, in
consultation with each other, and a rationale will be provided for any credit approved or
7. The decision and rationale will be sent to the student via the student’s institutional
e-mail account within 10 business days of receipt of the appeal form and requested