ork Technical College Alumni Connection
A Programmatic Entity of the York Technical College Foundation
Alumni Representative Application
he York Technical College Foundation, Inc. (YTCF) seeks alumni who are proven leaders, have demonstrated service to
the College and community, are experienced in working in a collaborative environment, committed to serving as York
Technical College ambassadors to provide leadership for the York Technical College Alumni Connection (Connection).
lumni Representatives will serve as members of the Connection Advisory Group. Membership is a rewarding way to
stay involved with the College and help develop the alumni program. Members will play an active role in guiding alumni
engagement efforts by serving as strategic advisors to the College’s Office of Development and Alumni Engagement and
the YTCF Board of Directors.
Alumni may self-identify or be recommended to serve as an Alumni Representative. If Advisory Group membership is
something that interests you, we encourage you to review the following information and submit an application!
bout the Alumni Connection
The Alumni Connection, as a programmatic entity of the York Technical College Foundation, Inc. (YTCF), is governed
and supported by the Foundation. The Connection will have an Advisory Group for the transaction of business and
consists of up to 20 Alumni Representative members representing all academic areas of the college. Advisory Group
members are approved by the YTCF Board of Directors.
ach member of the Advisory Group will be called upon to provide leadership to the Alumni Connection to work
collaboratively with YTCF Board of Directors, College employees, fellow alumni, and current students:
• To support the development of students and alumni through networking, mentorship, and employment and career
• To promote and advance the mission of York Technical College and foster a sense of pride in the College;
• To engage alumni and students in a mutually beneficial lifetime link between York Technical College, its
community of alumni, and the communities served by College; and
• To build and maintain human and financial resources that strengthen the York Technical College Foundation’s
ability to accomplish its mission
In addition, each Advisory Group member is expected to:
• Serve a two year term and attend at least two meetings per year.
• Understand the mission and purpose of the Alumni Connection.
• Serve as an ambassador for York Technical College – know and share the mission of the College
oster alumni, student, and community relationships with the College and the Foundation.
• Actively participate in committee assignments.
• Identify matters of interest to alumni and potential candidates for future Advisory Group membership.