Benefits of Being a Member
1. Scholarship/stipend to support tuition, books, meal plans, housing, and fees deemed
2. Personal accountability and support via weekly collaboration meetings with WCUSA
3. Professional Development through cultural activities, college tours, guest speakers, and
educational activities to increase academic achievement and awareness.
4. Brotherhood development with fellow members through Peer
Group Meetings and Academic Learning Communities.
5. Mentorship Development with Community Professional Liaisons.
6. Leadership Development with volunteer opportunities in the community and at
Southern University at Shreveport.
7. WCUSA Student Leader Ambassador opportunities in the Southern University A & M
System and the community at large.
8. Access to the following services:
o Academic Counseling
o Academic Career Planning
o Academic Coaching
o Academic Transfer/Graduation Assistance
o Academic Tutoring
1. First generation student status
2. Must be enrolled at Southern University at Shreveport.
3. Must be classified as a Louisiana resident as defined by the University Catalog.
4. Must have at least a cumulative 2.0 High School GPA, GED and/or College 2.0 GPA.
5. Must major in one of the following: STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math),
Allied Health, and/or Education.
6. Must be enrolled as a full-time student per semester (12 or more hours)
7. Developmental education courses are allowed.
8. Must complete required student Essay.
9. Must agree to abide by SUSLA Code of Conduct and demonstrate behavior consistent
with exemplary leadership.