Department of Student Success & Retention (SSR)
The Department of Student Success & Retention has the following positions available:
• ASC/TC Monitor – supervises assigned area and, if qualified, tutors as needed.
• Test Proctor for Disability Support Services (Experience as ASC Monitor required)
• Office Assistant for Career Development, Academic Advising, or Student Success Outreach
The ASC is open for tutoring: Mon.-Fri. 8AM-9PM ** Hours subject to change.
Monitors are needed Mon.-Thurs. 8AM-9PM, Fri. 8AM-4PM ** Hours subject to change.
Test Proctors are needed Mon.-Thurs. 8AM-4 PM ** Hours subject to change.
1. Student with good study habits and good academic standing (2.5 or higher overall GPA).
2. Exemplary personal behavior.
3. Interest in helping others to achieve academic success.
1. Be on time and stay for your scheduled hours. Attend all in-service training activities
(i.e., staff meetings, on-going training, and discussion sessions).
2. See specific job descriptions for more complete descriptions.
3. Test Proctors must first have successful experience as monitors.
4. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND THE SSR STUDENT WOKER
HANDBOOK WILL RESULT IN DISMISSAL.
1. The position entails an average work commitment of seven to twelve hours weekly (but may vary) and
is a paid position beginning at minimum wage and following federal standards for work study.
2. All workers must be trained.
3. Wage rate will reflect BOTH training and experience level.
4. Additional training will be offered throughout the semester.
1. Return completed application form to the Director of Student Success & Retention, Parker Library room 110.
2. Eligible candidates will be contacted for an interview.
3. New student workers will be required to attend any new training sessions.
4. Returning workers will be required to submit an updated application, FERPA form, and confidentiality
agreement to SSR. Updated financial documentation must be submitted to Human Resources. They will also be
required to attend any training sessions.
For additional information contact
Christine McDermott, Director of Student Success & Retention
Parker Library Room 110