Terms and Conditions
1. The Competition shall open at 00:01 on Monday 21st September 2015 (the ‘Opening Date’) and close at 23:59 on
Friday 30th October 2015 (the ‘Closing Date’).
2. The Competition is open to residents of the mainland UK and Northern Ireland aged 18 or over. Only one Entry per
organisation/school/store/group/individual representing an organisation.
3. To enter, your town must ﬁt the below criteria:
· Be a town/city/borough with a population of more than 15,000 and under 300,000 people.
· Be a community that is committed to working with us to reduce waste and help save people money
(demonstrated by evidencing what kind of activities have already taken place in the town and by sharing ideas
you’d like to see tested).
· Be a town/city/borough with access to a Sainsbury’s store/supermarket/Local (within a 5 mile radius) so we can
test in-store innovations and beneﬁt from the support of our store teams.
4. You must complete all of the following actions between the Opening Date and the Closing Date to be entered in
to our search for a town/city/borough:
a. Download and complete the application form.
b. Send your application by post to Waste Less, Save More 3/09, Third Floor, 33 Holborn, London, EC1N 2HT, or electron-
ically to email@example.com to arrive no later than 23.59 on Friday 30 October 2015. The promoter accepts no
responsibility for delayed applications. Proof of posting or uploading is not proof of receipt.
5. There is one prize of a contribution from Sainsbury’s equal to £1m which may be spent on a range of activities,
pro-motions and/or products, all related to reducing waste and helping people save money.The prize will be
allocated in partnership with representatives from the local town/city/borough in a manner which best reﬂects the
ethos of this Promotion, beneﬁts the winning town/city/borough and be capable of extending the concept of
reducing waste and saving money to other communities. The allocation of the prize money will be transparent and
audited and must be spent within a year of the prize being awarded. Individual projects may be extended or
completed after the year end, at the discretion of the Promoter, provided the total prize value does not exceed £1m.
No change or balancing payments will be made. There is no cash alternative to the stated prize.
6. The decision of the judges is ﬁnal and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. The winning town/city/borough application will be determined by the panel of judges from all entries meeting
the eligibili-ty criteria and received before the closing date. The winner will be the town/city/borough, which in the
opinion of the judges, shows existing town and community commitment to reducing waste and saving money and/
or shows signiﬁcant evidence of town/community commitment to sustainable and innovative methods of
reducing waste and saving money for the future. The winning town/city/borough will be chosen by 1st December
2015 and representatives from the town/city/borough will be approached to conﬁrm that they are willing to provide
commitment to the project. If such commitment is not provided at a level suitable, in the opinion of the promoter,
to fulﬁl a project of this size then the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be chosen from the remaining
entries. The winner will be announced no later than 1st December 2015 and details will be posted on our website
( j-sainsbury.co.uk). There will be no notiﬁcation provided to other applications, however we may contact some
applicants to see if there are opportunities to work with them in future. By entering the promotion, the winner
agrees to participate in reasonable publicity including media and photography and for information to be
disclosed about them without payment.
8. Entrants agree that by submitting their entry that they have the right to represent the town/city/borough or
community group. They conﬁrm that their work is not copied and does not infringes the intellectual property
rights of any 3rd party. They conﬁrm that they grant Sainsbury’s and any of their service providers or agents,
permission to contact them to discuss their application and to use information, without payment, relating to them
or their town/city/borough, and the concepts, ideas and content included in their application, for any of its
commercial or non-commercial purposes including in all and any media, including without limitation, in the
Company’s printed publications, presentations, promotional materials, in the advertising of the Company’s goods
or services or on the Company’s website or in media or social media in their original format or edited or altered in
any way which the Company deems appropriate.
9. Promoter: Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd, 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT
Waste Less, Save More
Nominate your town