Waiver of Advisement
To be completed by the student’s parent or guardian and returned to Admissions Ofﬁce, MS #12, Manchester Community College, P.O. Box 1046, Manchester, CT 06045-1046
or fax form to 860-512-3221. Questions: contact Admissions at 860-512-3214 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parent/Guardian First Name MI Last Name
, have discussed the following issues regarding Manchester Community College with my child,
Child First Name MI Last Name
, whom is registered/is registering for the following course(s):
CRN SUBJECT TITLE CREDITS DAY(S) TIME
I have been advised that:
• The text material or other teaching material(s) and content may be inappropriate for anyone under 18;
• Both course-related discussion and student-to-student interaction may be inappropriate for anyone under 18;
• The college syllabus for the course will not be altered in any way to meet the needs, interest or desires of either my child or me;
• The grading/evaluation criteria will not be altered in any way from that which is stated in the course syllabus;
• FERPA laws apply to my child and I understand that the college and its employees must adhere to FERPA.
• The course is designed to provide remediation in writing for those who have ﬁnished secondary school, rather than enrichment for a child under
18 years old; (APPLICABLE ONLY TO DEVELOPMENTAL WRITING)
In light of the advisement we have received, my child and I agree to take full responsibility for the outcome of this course and agree to
adhere to all college policies and procedures.
Associate Director/Designee Signature