Conditions of Membership
1. Membership is free to all residents of the Waitomo District. Membership Cards are $2.50 payable upon
2. You must present your card at the time of borrowing.
3. You are responsible for items borrowed with your card and any charges or fees that result from its use. This
includes any items borrowed by other people using the card.
4. Most book items can be borrowed for 21 days. Beyond that, overdue nes will be payable when the item is
returned. Please check the Fees and Charges Schedule for a detailed list of Library loan periods and fees.
5. You will be unable to borrow if you:
• have unpaid nes or debts;
• if family members living at the same address have unpaid nes or debts;
• you are unable to present your library card at the time of borrowing.
6. Library staff may at their discretion, limit the number of items borrowed at one time.
7. Items may be renewed for an additional issue period if they have not been requested by another library member.
This may be done over the phone or online and the renewal fee, if any, is to be paid when the item is returned.
Items may only be renewed once. Overdue charges still apply if renewals are made after the item has become
8. It is illegal to remove any material from the Library without rst having it issued. Offenders will be prosecuted.
9. You must notify Waitomo District Library immediately your card is lost or stolen. You are responsible for items
borrowed with the card until the time of notication.
10. To apply for membership you must supply the following forms of identication:
• proof of identity (passport or other form of identication with signature and preferably being a photo ID);
• proof of address (telephone account, power account or bank statement no more than 30 day old).
11. If you are under 18 years of age at the time of joining, a parent or legal guardian must also sign your Application
for Membership. Any communication regarding your membership will be with your parent or legal guardian who,
by signing your Application, agrees to be responsible for the use of your card, including any outstanding nes and
debts incurred by you.
12. Waitomo District Library is not responsible for the choice of items borrowed with your card.
13. These Conditions of Membership may change. The revised Conditions will be displayed on the Library website.
You are deemed to have had notice of such changes and agreed to be bound by the amended Conditions whilst
you are a member.
Ofce Use Only
Proof of ID:
1. By completing an Application for Membership you are providing personal information about you to Waitomo
District Library (Waitomo District Council). You agree that Waitomo District Library may use that information for
the purpose of:
• managing your membership, including maintaining your records, advising you of overdue items, recovering
outstanding nes and debts, advising you of library services and events and contacting your nominated
• if you are under 18 years of age, discussing with your parent or legal guardian any matters arising from your
membership of Waitomo District Library.
2. The information may be given to appropriate Council staff and/or a credit agency in the event of Waitomo District
Library deciding to take action against you for the recovery of outstanding nes and debts.
3. You agree that you may be contacted by post, email or telephone (including automated telephone messages and
text messages) and the Waitomo District Library will not be responsible for third parties accessing any mail, email
or telephones messages sent to you.
4. Personal information about you will be held by Waitomo District Library. You may have access to that information
and request changes to it.
5. You are not required by law to provide personal information. However, if you do not supply the information
requested on the Application for Membership, then Waitomo District Library may be unable to process your
Library Barcode Number