WITHDRAWAL/REFUND APPLICATION FORM - 2018 - Last updated 10 January 2018
TAFE NSW training, including Smart and Skilled
WITHDRAWING FROM YOUR STUDIES
Students who withdraw from a qualification are required to notify the campus/Region in writing
• If you withdraw from your qualification before the Course Start Date you will be eligible for a refund of your Student fee or Concession fee.
• If you are withdrawing from your qualification after the Course Start Date, you may be eligible for a partial refund of your fee.
• If you are withdrawing from your studies you will be asked to identify if you are deferring your studies, discontinuing your studies or transferring
to another Registered Training Provider.
Note 1: For courses of 1 month duration or less, the student must advise withdrawal at least 5 business days before Course Start Date.
Note 2: Students who have not demonstrated participation and/or attendance in their study on a regular basis will be contacted to determine their
status of continuing enrolment or withdrawal from their studies. TAFE NSW will assist you to re-commence your studies, however if no response is
received within times specified, action will be taken to withdraw you from your enrolment.
DEFERRING OR DISCONTINUING YOUR STUDIES
Students who advise they are withdrawing from a qualification will be asked to identify if they are deferring their studies where they are
enrolled in government subsidised training, including Smart and Skilled, or they are discontinuing their studies.
• Deferring your studies – government subsidised training, including Smart and Skilled
You have decided to defer your studies, and have identified your proposed return to study within a period up to 12 months from date of
lodgement of your withdrawal/deferment advice.
The Student fee or Concession fee will remain as identified when you enrolled, and will not change during the period of deferring your studies.
If you do not recommence your studies within the 12 month period, your record will be amended to identify that you have withdrawn and
discontinued your studies.
• Discontinuing your studies
You have decided to cease studies in your enrolled qualification, or have not returned to study within 12 months of deferring of your studies.
If you wish to return to complete this qualification, you will be re-assessed against
the Smart & Skilled/government subsidised training eligibility
and entitlement criteria, current at that time, to determine your Student Fee or eligibility for a Concession fee or fee exemption.
• Discontinuing your studies and transferring to another TAFE NSW Institute or Training Provider
Note 1: When discontinuing your studies you will be provided with a Statement of Attainment Transcript
Refund of the your fee to be given in the following circumstances:
• You enrolled in a course/qualification that has been cancelled by the campus or TAFE NSW.
• You have overpaid the Student fee or Concession fee.
• You have paid the Student fee or Concession fee and are then granted a fee exemption – refer to Fee Exemption Application Form
• You formally advise the campus of your withdrawal, prior to the Course Start Date.
• Where the course duration is 1 week or less, you formally advise the campus of your withdrawal 5 business days before the Course Start Date.
• You formally advise the campus of your withdrawal after the Course Start Date and you have pre-paid your Student fee for future-dated fee
instalments as per the fee instalment schedule of your enrolled course/qualification.
Note 1: ‘Other circumstances’ for a fee refund includes where your course is cancelled or you have overpaid your Student fee or Concession fee.
In these circumstances, you will not be required to complete or sign the refund application.
Note 2: Refunds are to be made to the student, organisation or third party who originally paid the relevant fee.
Note 3: There are no refunds for incidental fees
Note 4: For Credit Card payments. Any payments made by Credit Card may be refunded to the original credit card number only.
FEE AMENDMENTS – government subsidised training, including Smart and Skilled
Fee Amendments (including to future-dated fee instalments) are given in the following circumstances:
• You have paid the Student fee for the qualification but now receive Youth Allowance or Austudy commencing within two weeks of the
Course Start Date
(you have an approval letter from Centrelink with a CRN and indicating your date of commencement of benefit – refer
to Concession Fee Application Form).
• You have been granted Credit Transfer for previous study for one or more Units of Competency, after the Course Start Date.
• You have been granted Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL) for one or more Units of Competency, after the Course Start Date. RPL should be
discussed with your class teacher and applied for at the commencement of classes/participation. (refer to Enrolment Adjustment - Recognition
of Prior Learning application form)
Information collected by the New South Wales TAFE Commission during a student`s enrolment and attendance will be used for the purposes of
general record a
dministration, identification, communication, state and national reporting, program monitoring, evaluation and surveys.
Student information will be held securely and disposed of securely when no longer needed. The information may be disclosed to the Department of
Human Services (Centrelink), the Department of Veterans` Affairs, the Department of Education and Training, the Department of Industry, Innovation
and Science, the Department of Immigration and Border Protection, Transport for NSW, NSW Department of Industry, the Australian Skills Quality
Authority, the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency, the Universities Admission Centre, Board of Studies Teaching and Educational
Standards NSW and the National Centre for Vocational Education Research.
In order to meet the requirements of Registered Training Organisations under the Apprenticeships and Traineeships Act 2001, apprentice and
trainee information is provided to employers, Australian Apprenticeship Centres and Training Services NSW (or the relevant State Training
Authority).While the provision of the information requested on this form is not required by law, it is a requirement of TAFE NSW and your enrolment
will not be accepted if it is not provided.
You may correct your personal details by contacting your TAFE NSW campus administration or by using the TAFE NSW Student Portal.