TYPE OF ENQUIRY
We will direct you to our resources in order for you to carry
out your own research. We can only answer specific
You can consult our archive collection at
http://mcleanmuseum.pastperfectonline.com and view
them via appointment.
A selection of our photographs can be viewed online at
General enquiries about other images can be made via
Our newspaper index is available here:
We can look up specific dates and send them to you via
email or post. We cannot make general searches.
1. Allow access to a microfilm reader to consult local newspapers
2. Direct you to online resources such as Ancestry.co.uk, British Newspaper Archive, SCRAN, Scotland’s People, NLS etc.
3. Give access to our indexes (census, births, deaths, marriages, newspaper indexes, etc)
4. Direct you to the McLean Museum online collections
5. Direct you to our online WW1 resource (www.inverclydeww1.org)
FOR EVERYTHING ELSE PLEASE SEE DETAILS BELOW. WE WILL ENDEAVOUR TO ASSIST YOU AS MUCH AS WE CAN. TO DO THIS TO
THE BEST OF OUR ABILITY, WE ASK YOU TO FILL IN THIS FORM AND WE CAN THEN SPEND MORE TIME AND CONSULT WIDELY TO
GET THE MOST COMPLETE ANSWER.
WE UNFORTUNATELY CANNOT UNDERTAKE FAMILY HISTORY RESEARCH FOR YOU BUT WILL POINT YOU IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.
Our Local History Resources can be viewed here: https://www.inverclyde.gov.uk/community-life-and-leisure/heritage/local-