You can vote wherever you are.
1. Fill out your form completely and accurately.
• Your U.S. address is used to determine where you are eligible to vote
absentee. For military voters, it is usually your last address in your
state of legal residence. For overseas citizens, it is usually the last
place you lived before moving overseas. You do not need to have any
current ties with this address. DO NOT write a PO Box # in section 2.
• Most states allow you to provide a Driver’s License number or the last
4 digits of your SSN. Some states require a full SSN. See your state’s
guidelines at FVAP.gov.
• If you cannot receive mail at your mailing address, please specify a
mail forwarding address.
• Most states require you to specify a political party to vote in primary
elections. This information may be used to register you with a party.
• Section 6 Requirements: If your voting residence is Vermont, you
must acknowledge the following by writing in section 6: “I swear or
arm that I have taken the Vermont Voter’s Oath.” If your voting
residence is in Puerto Rico, you must list your mother’s and father’s
• We recommend that you complete and submit this form every year
while you are an absentee voter.
2. Remember to sign this form!
3. Remove the adhesive liner from the top and sides.
Fold and seal tightly. If you printed out the form
yourself you can fold the form and seal it in an envelope.
• You can nd the address for your election oce at FVAP.gov.
• All states accept this form by mail, but they vary on email and fax.
See your state’s rules in the Voting Assistance Guide at FVAP.gov.
Agency Disclosure Statement
The public reporting burden for this collection of
information is estimated to average 15 minutes
per response, including the time for reviewing
instructions, gathering and maintaining the
data needed, and completing and reviewing the
collection of information. Send comments regarding
this burden estimate or any other aspect of this
collection of information, including suggestions for
reducing the burden to: Department of Defense,
Washington Headquarters Services, Executive
Services Directorate, Information Management
Division, 4800 Mark Center Dr., East Tower, Suite
03F09, Alexandria, VA 22350-3100. [OMB Control
#0704-0503]. Respondents should be aware that
notwithstanding any other provision of law, no
person shall be subject to any penalty for failing
to comply with a collection of information if it does
not display a currently valid OMB control number.
DO NOT RETURN YOUR FORM TO THE ADDRESS
When completed, this form contains
personally identiable information and is
protected by the Privacy Act of 1974, as
U.S. Postage Paid
(Your name and mailing address)
39 USC 3406
International airmail postage is required if not mailed using the
U.S. Postal Service, APO/FPO/DPO system, or diplomatic pouch.
OFFICIAL ABSENTEE BALLOTING MATERIAL – FIRST CLASS MAIL
NO POSTAGE NECESSARY IN THE U.S. MAIL – DMM 703.8.0
(Fill in the address of your election oce.
The address can be found online at FVAP.gov.)