UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION NOTICE TO EMPLOYEE
Keep This Form
Please ensure that you read both sides of this form prior to ling a claim for unemployment benets. If
you become unemployed, this information may help to determine your unemployment benet entitlement.
When to le a claim for unemployment benets:
A claim for unemployment benets begins the week it is led. Therefore, you should le your claim for benets during your rst
week of unemployment.
To receive unemployment benets, you must both be eligible and qualied. You must:
• File a claim, and report for benets as directed by the Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA).
• Register for work each time a new, additional or re-opened claim is led as directed by the UIA.
• Have sufcient earnings in the past 18 months.
• Be able to work.
• Be available for work. You must immediately inform the UIA and all base period employers of any changes to your contact
information (mailing address and telephone number) and respond to all UIA requests to update your contact information.
• If directed by the UIA, appear at a specied location provided in a mailed notice for an evaluation of your eligibility for
• If requested by the UIA, provide a statement of wages (wage afdavit) for purposes of calculating your unemployment
benets as state law requires that you produce evidence of those wages (pay stubs, W-2, employer payroll records, etc.).
• Be actively engaged in seeking work.
• Conduct a systematic and sustained work search effort and provide proof of those efforts by submitting your work search
efforts as directed by the UIA.
To le a claim for benets, you will need the following:
1. This form and any similar forms you received from any employer in the past 18 months, or pay stubs with employer
name, employer payroll record, or W-2 Form.
2. Your Social Security number, complete mailing address (zip code), telephone number, and county of residence.
3. Your driver’s license or state identication card.
4. Your Alien Registration Number and the expiration date of your work authorization if you are not a citizen or national of
the United States.
5. Name(s) of employer(s), date(s) of employment, and reason for separation from each employer you worked for in the
past 18 months.
6. Information from your nancial institution if you choose to have your benets directly deposited into your checking or
Filing Claims by Telephone
Day and Time to File Claims by Telephone
If the last two digits of your Social Security Number are:
00 through 15 Monday 8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., ET
16 through 33 Monday 12:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m., ET
34 through 48 Tuesday 8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., ET
49 through 66 Tuesday 12:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m., ET
67 through 81 Wednesday 8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., ET
82 through 99 Wednesday 12:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m., ET
If you miss your assigned day and time, claims are accepted on Thursday or Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. ET.
UIA 1711 Authorized by
(Rev. 03-17) MCL 421.1, et seq.
State of Michigan
TALENT INVESTMENT AGENCY
3024 W. Grand Blvd., Detroit, MI 48202
State of Michigan