Become a Charter Champion /
Register a Charter Branch
The Tree Charter’s strength comes from grassroots support from people across the
UK who are prepared to stand up for trees.
There are many things you can do to help trees and people stand stronger together.
Collectively, we can deliver the Principles of the Tree Charter right across the
neighbourhoods and countries of the UK.
The Tree Charter team will share ideas, opportunities and resources to help you.
An annual ‘Tree Charter Day’ will fall on the last Saturday in November, as part of
National Tree Week which is led by the Tree Council. Our growing network of Charter
Branches will be mapped online so everyone can connect to other people who are
interested in standing up for trees in their area.
As a Charter Champion or as part of a Charter Branch you could:
• Encourage all your friends, family and colleagues and online networks to sign
the Tree Charter
• Talk about why trees matter on social media and in your own blogs or other
• Join forces with other local tree lovers and start a Charter Branch to help build
the movement, and create a legacy for the Tree Charter in your community
• Organise local events and activities to strengthen people’s understanding of
and interest in trees and woods, and to help people take action to protect and
plant more trees near them
• Urge your MP and Local Authority to follow the Tree Charter Principles and
demonstrate their support through activities, decision-making and policies
• Get involved with Tree Charter Day and help keep trees and their value to us all
at the forefront of public consciousness
More about the Tree Charter: treecharter.uk