Waiver of Liability for International Travel
Orange County Community College (SUNY Orange) is a public educational institution. References to the College
(“College”) include its officers, officials, volunteers, students, agents and assigns. I
freely choose to participate in the (henceforth referred to as the “Program”). In consideration of my participation
in this Program, I hereby agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. I am an adult, 18 years of age or older. If I am not 18 years of age, or older, I have obtained the written
permission of my parent(s) or legal guardian to participate in this Program.
2. I understand and acknowledge that travel entails various risks, including the risk of injury to or loss of
property, personal injury, and, in the worst case, death, whether from illness, accident, terrorism, war or
other causes. To the extent this Program involves foreign travel, I also understand that travel advisories
are available from the U.S. State Department by calling 202-647-5225, or on the Internet at
3. I understand and agree that I am responsible for arranging my own health, accident, and liability
insurance. I state that there are no health-related reasons or problems that preclude or restrict my
participation in this Program. I have obtained the required immunizations, if any.
I recognize that the College is not obligated to attend to any of my medical or medication needs, and I
assume all risk and responsibility therefore. In case of a medical emergency occurring during my
participation in this Program, I authorize in advance the representative of the College to secure whatever
treatment is necessary including the administration of an anesthetic and surgery. The College may (but is
not obligated to) take any actions it considers to be warranted under the circumstances regarding my
health and safety. I agreed to pay all expenses relating thereto and release the College from any liability
for its actions.
4. I understand that Orange County Community College cannot make available to me, my family, or my heirs
and assigns, promises or guarantees with regard to my health and safety as a result of my participation in
5. As a condition of my participation in this Program, I understand and agree that I am hereby waiving any
and all claims arising out of, or in connection with my travel to and from, and/or my participating in the
Program, that I, my family, my heirs or my assigns may otherwise have against Orange County Community
College and/or its personnel.
6. I understand that the College is not an agent of, and has no responsibility for, any third party which may
provide any services including food, lodging, travel, or other goods or services associated with this
Program. I further understand the College is not responsible for matters that are beyond its control. I
acknowledge that the College reserves the right to cancel the trip without penalty or to make any
modifications to the itinerary and/or Academic Program as deemed necessary by the College.
7. I understand that the College is not responsible for any loss or damage I may suffer when I'm traveling
independently or I am otherwise separated or absent from any College activity. In addition, I understand