1. Students wanting to take classes as a transient student but not online must apply to the host college and pay the
application fee. Students must complete the Transient Request Form and return it to the Registrar’s Office of Southern
Crescent Technical College.
The form must be signed by the student and the student’s program advisor.
2. Students taking transient classes online must go to https://gvtcapp.tcsg.edu/GVTC to apply to another technical
college, find courses offered for each college and pay the application fee.
Please check the application deadline for the host college before applying and paying the application fee. Follow
instructions on the website to complete application and select student type “Transient”. Southern Crescent Tech will be
the home school and the college the student will attend is the host college.
3. Students taking classes at SCTC and at another college will be required to pay the appropriate Technology Fee at SCTC
4. Once the student has completed the application process for transient, the Registrar will send the approved Transient
Student Agreement Form (TAF) to the host college electronically.
5. To qualify for transient status students must meet the following criteria:
a. Student must be in good standing. A first term student will not be allowed to be a transient student.
b. Taking less than a full load at SCTC
c. Class is not offered at SCTC for the term unless extenuating circumstances approved by advisor.
d. Completed all required prerequisite courses
6. Successful completion with a grade of “C” or better in equivalent course(s) is necessary for transfer credit to SCTC. You
must order an official transcript from the Host Institution and have it sent to the SCTC Registrar’s Office once the
course(s) have been completed for any transfer credit to be posted. It is your responsibility for any transfer credit to be
posted. It is your responsibility to register for courses which are applicable to your program of study.
7. Diploma and Certificate students: Grades earned in transient course work will appear on the student’s SCTC transcript
as transfer credit and will not be calculated in the student’s grade point average.
Degree students: Grades earned in
transient course work will appear on the student’s SCTC transcript as transfer credit and will be calculated in the
student’s attempted hours and HOPE GPA for HOPE Scholarship. Failures will not appear on the transcript but will be
calculated as attempted hours for HOPE GPA.
8. The procedure for disbursing Financial Aid for transient work at another TCSG College is as follows: If the student is
eligible for Pell Grant, those funds are not available at the beginning of the term and will be disbursed by SCTC once the
Financial Aid Office receives enrollment verification from the host college. If the student is not eligible for HOPE, they
must pay their tuition and fees at the Host College.