Transfer Credit Request Form
REGISTRAR & ENROLMENT SERVICES
• Complete this form only if you wish to:
- Enrol in a course that requires a post-secondary level prerequisite that you have completed at another institution or,
- Use transfer credit for graduation purposes (associate degree, diploma, certiﬁcate, or citation). See Important Notes below.
• The following documents are required to support your request:
- Institutions within British Columbia: Original oﬃcial transcript. Detailed course outlines may be requested.
- Institutions outside British Columbia: Original oﬃcial transcript and detailed course outlines.
Do not submit a request for transfer credit if you are an applicant to either the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program or
third-year entry of the Bachelor of Recreation Management (BRM) program. You should contact Admissions for information on
- Required outlines must be speciﬁc to/eﬀective for the semester the course was completed.
- If issued in a language other than English, all required transcripts and outlines must be accompanied by original English
translations (by a recognized certiﬁed translator).
- Transcripts (and all required translations of transcripts and course outlines) must be original oﬃcial documents.
Photocopied, faxed, scanned, emailed, or electronic copies are not suﬃcient for transfer credit purposes. (Exception: electronic
transcripts can be ordered from the BC institutions participating in the electronic transcript exchange: Douglas College, KPU, SFU,
UBC, UBCO, UFV.)
- Documents submied in support of a transfer credit request become the property of Langara College and will not be returned. If
you believe your documents are irreplaceable, you must let us know before submiing them.
Transfer credit requests take six to eight weeks to process from the date that all required documents are received.
• Requests and supporting documents must be received by the following deadlines. This is to ensure that any prerequisites you
may be granted will be on your student record in time for registration. (Late requests will not be denied, but please note that
they may not be completed prior to registration.)
- May 1 for Fall Semester Registration
- October 1 for Spring Semester Registration
- February 1 for Summer Semester Registration
- January 5 for June Graduation – see below for more details
• $4.00 per course completed. Fees are in Canadian dollars and are non-refundable.
• You may not transfer more than 60% of your program. Please refer to the Langara College website for program information.
• Do not include courses that are currently in progress. Only courses successfully completed will be considered for transfer credit.
• For Graduation: requests for transfer credit (with all supporting documentation aached) to meet graduation requirements should
be made when you begin your program or as soon as the course is graded and you are able to obtain an oﬃcial transcript showing that
grade. See important notes below for more information.
• You will receive notiﬁcation of transfer credit evaluation by email.
Requests must be submied before January 5 to ensure transfer credit requests are processed in time for the Convocation
Ceremonies in June.
Unassigned or assigned transfer credit which is not an exact equivalent to the course(s) required in your program, may not satisfy
graduation requirements. Please contact the Graduation department at firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding graduation
requirements for your program.
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR TRANSFER CREDITS FOR GRADUATION PURPOSES