Student Financial Aid Office
NC A&T State University
1601 East Market Street
Greensboro, NC 27411
Phone: 336.334.7973 FAX: 336.334.7954
Teach Grant Application-2020-2021
The Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant is awarded by North Carolina
A & T State University to students who are completing or intend to complete coursework toward a career in
teaching. Grant recipients must agree to serve for a minimum of four years as a full-time, highly qualified teacher in
a high-need field in a low-income school.
Recipients who do not provide four years of qualified teaching service within eight years of completing the course of
study for which the TEACH Grant was received, or fail to meet other program requirements, will have their grant
convert into a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan. Interest will accrue and capitalize from the date of
original disbursement. The total amount of TEACH grants that a student may receive for undergraduate study will
not exceed $16,000 and the total amount a graduate student may receive will not exceed $8,000.
In order to qualify and receive the award an applicant must:
• Complete a 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
• Be a US Citizen or Eligible Non-Citizen.
• Be enrolled at NCAT as a degree-seeking student and meet Satisfactory Academic Progress.
• Meet TEACH Grant eligibility requirements listed above and maintain a 3.25 GPA.
• Complete TEACH Grant Entrance Counseling at https://studentaid.gov/app/launchTeach.action.
• Complete an Agreement to Serve (ATS) at https://studentaid.gov/app/launchTeach.action.
• Be in an eligible major that is determined by the school.
Upon receipt of the TEACH Grant you must:
• Serve full-time in a low-income school as a highly qualified teacher in a high-need field (as listed in the
Teacher Shortage Areas Nationwide Listing)
https://www.tcli.ed.gov/CBSWebApp/tcli/TCLIPubSchoolSearch.jsp for the state in which the recipient will
be teaching. The majority of the classes taught must be in a high-need field.
• Teach for at least four years within eight calendar years of leaving the program for which you received the
• Confirm in writing to the Secretary of Education that you are employed as a full-time teacher in accordance
with the terms of the TEACH Grant, or intentions for future employment as a full-time teacher in accordance
with the terms of the TEACH Grant service agreement. This must be done within 120 days of completing
the program or otherwise leaving the program of study for which the TEACH Grant was received.
• Respond promptly to any requests for information or documentation from the U.S. Department of Education.
• Submit documentation of service in the form of certification by a chief administrative officer of the school
upon completion of each year of service to the Secretary of Education.
• Comply with all other terms, conditions, and requirements as determined by the Secretary of Education.
Failure to meet any of these terms will convert the TEACH Grant received into a Federal Direct Unsubsidized
Stafford Loan. Interest will be accrued and capitalized from the date of original disbursement. Once this
grant is converted to a loan, it cannot be reverted to a grant.
To apply for the TEACH Grant, complete the following application and return it to the Office of Student
Financial Aid. The completed application will be processed within fourteen business days after receipt starting
June 1, 2020. Incomplete applications will not be process. Status updates regarding the application will be
emailed and/or obtained using Aggie Access online.