The Member Development Charter Plus: Self-assessment template
Member Development Charter Plus
This template aims to help councils that sign
up to aspire to the principles of the Charter
Plus for member development. It provides a
guide for self-assessment and for drawing up
an action plan to achieve the required award.
Councils wanting to use their own action
planning format should do so.
Whichever style of action plan is used it
• future planned action
• when action is expected to be completed
• who is responsible for the action
• who is responsible for monitoring
implementation of the action plan.
Councils may ﬁnd it useful to have a team
of people responsible for pulling the action
plan together, such as the all party member
development group, with ofﬁcer support.
Those responsible for drawing up the
action plan should look at each point on the
guidelines and ‘What this means in practice’
section and ask:
1. What evidence do we have that suggests
we are following good practice?
2. What action do we need to take, if any,
to follow good practice or continuously
improve? (Taking account of any resource
implications and constraints)
3. When will this action be taken by?
4. Who will be responsible for the action?
A named person should be identiﬁed as being
responsible for monitoring the action plan.