RIGHT THUMB RIGHT INDEX RIGHT MIDDLE RIGHT RING RIGHT LITTLE
LEFT THUMB LEFT INDEX LEFT MIDDLE LEFT RING LEFT LITTLE
• Make sure your child knows his/her full name, your full name, your address, and your telephone
number(s), including area codes(s). Make sure your child knows how to use a telephone and how
to call 911.
• Do not leave your young children home alone. If you must leave your teenage children at home by
themselves, tell them not to answer the door. If they answer the telephone, they should not mention
that they are alone, but should say that you will be back shortly.
• Tell your children to move away from cars that pull up beside them if they do not know the driver,
even if the driver claims to know them. If your child is being followed, they should know to run home
or go to a safe house in the neighborhood or the nearest public place.
• Teach your children not to play in isolated areas and not to take shortcuts through empty parks,
• Let your children know that they should not accept items from strangers or others without your
• Never leave your child alone in a public place, stroller or car, even for brief periods of time. Always accompany your young children
to the bathroom in public places and be present during all door-to-door activities.
• Tell your kids that they may contact you at anytime to pick them up and where to go if you are not available.
The I.D. Kit
* (Information from FBI’s Child I.D. App)
Keeping our precious children safe and sound is a vital responsibility the Town of Hempstead shares with
ongoing commitment to protecting young people includes the enclosed Child Safety I.D. Kit. The kit provides
an invaluable tool for parents and guardians in the event of a missing child or other emergency situation.
hours to 7 p.m. on Thursday.
(We provide free
Attach several strands of hair
with follicle intact!
Schools, organizations, events & clubs…
Hempstead Town can bring its Mobile Child Identification
Program to you! Call 516-812-3046 for information.
Complete & retain this form with your vital records!
Contact the Town Clerk’s Office to complete this safety record.