Bitonte College of Health and Human Services
The Barbara J. Vankline-Shivers Memorial Scholarship
2020-2021 Academic Year
1. The recipient must be an African-American female student enrolled in the College of Health and Human Services.
2. First preference will be given to students working toward an Associate in Applied Science degree in the Clinical
Laboratory Technician (Medical Laboratory Technician) program or a baccalaureate degree in Clinical Laboratory
Science (Medical Technology).
3. Should there be no qualified applicants in the Medical Laboratory programs, other health-related programs will be
4. A minimum 3.0 GPA is required.
5. Students must reside from the five county areas of Mahoning, Trumbull, or Columbiana Counties in Ohio or
Mercer and Lawrence Counties in Pennsylvania.
6. Financial need is a consideration. FAFSA must be completed.
A one-year scholarship that is renewable through the application and selection process.
Selection is to be made by the scholarship selection committee of the Bitonte College of Health and Human Services
in conjunction with the YSU Foundation.
All growth of corpus shall remain a part of this corpus.
Application forms must be typed and should be neat and correct in grammar. All forms and supporting
materials must be received in the Dean’s Office no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, February 14, 2020.
The scholarship will be announced in April and made available the following academic year. Application
forms must be returned to: Steve F. Katros, Administrative Assistant to the Dean, Bitonte College of
Health and Human Services, Youngstown State University, Cushwa Hall 2104, Youngstown, OH 44555.
Applicant Name: Banner No.: