Texas Motor Vehicle Transfer Notification
Information and Instructions
• Submit this form within 30 days of the vehicle's date of transfer to help protect yourself from liability for criminal
or civil acts involving the vehicle and the person(s) or entity taking ownership. However, the department will still
notate your record if submitted after the 30 days.
• Submission of this form does not transfer ownership. The person(s) or entity taking ownership must file a title
application with the appropriate entity (in Texas, the county tax assessor-collector’s office) in order to record
themselves as the owner and receive a title in their name. Until a new title is issued, the Texas title record will
reflect the name of the existing owner(s).
• Provide as much information as possible about the persons(s) or entity to increase your protection from liability.
• When you submit this form, the motor vehicle record will be marked to show the vehicle has been transferred.
• You may submit this form electronically at www.TxDMV.gov
to more quickly mark the motor vehicle record to show
the vehicle has been transferred. Please do not submit this form both electronically and by mail.
• Mail completed form to: TxDMV Vehicle Titles and Registration Division, PO Box 26417, Austin, TX 78755-0417
Vehicle Identification Number
Texas License Plate Number
Date of Transfer (by Sale, Gift, Donation, etc.)
For Cars (6,000 lbs. or less) or Light Trucks (10,000 lbs. or less)
Did you keep your plates? ☐ Yes ☐ No
Transferor Information – Person(s) or entity transferring (by sale, gift, donation, etc.) the vehicle
First Name (or Entity Name) as shown on the Texas title
New Owner Information – Person(s) or entity to whom the vehicle was transferred
First Name (or Entity Name)
Additional First Name (if applicable)
Certification – State law makes falsifying information a third degree felony
I, the above listed transferor, am notifying the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles that I have transferred the above vehicle, which
was legally owned by me and had a Texas title issued in my name. I understand the department will notate the transfer on the
vehicle record, and under Texas law, the vehicle will remain in my name until the new owner(s) transfers the title into their name.
Printed Name (Same as Signature)
VTR-346 Rev 08/16 Form available online at www.TxDMV.gov Page 1 of 1