This agreement between North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University (NCA&T) and ,
allows the employee to begin teleworking. The employee by signature below agrees to abide by the agreement and
further acknowledges that he/she understands the provisions. The Teleworking Agreement will continue for a period of
six (6) months, after which there must be a thorough review of the employee’s performance to ensure that the results
and performance are satisfactory as determined by the Department and the Division of Human Resources.
Teleworking is a privilege which may be granted under appropriate circumstances to high performing employees whose
job responsibilities are suited to such an arrangement. Each request to telework will be decided on an individual basis
under the guidelines set forth below.
To be approved for teleworking, a plan must be developed that meets the following conditions:
1. The teleworking arrangement shall have no negative impact on:
• The employee’s or another employee’s performance
• Inter-departmental communications
• The efficiency or effectiveness of work coordination between interdependent work units
2. The employee must have completed probationary status, have successful performance evaluations and not be
under a performance improvement plan.
3. Both the employee and the immediate supervisor shall sign the Teleworking Agreement, indicating agreement
on the teleworking conditions and restrictions.
4. The specific teleworking agreement between the employee and his/her immediate supervisor must be
authorized by the Division of Human Resources.
Responsibility and Accountability
All telework arrangements are revocable, and may be discontinued at any time and for no reason. In addition, an
employee may discontinue participation in teleworking at any time. Teleworkers are responsible for reporting time
worked, leave used, and for adhering to attendance policies. Overtime shall not be worked unless authorized in advance
by the supervisor.
Equipment and services may be provided by and paid for by the employee's department, at the department's sole
discretion. This is considered to be for work purposes only and not for personal use. It is the employee’s responsibility to
ensure that no one else has access to the equipment. Equipment such as computers, printers, and software will remain
the property of the NCA&T while on loan, and must be returned upon termination of the teleworking arrangement.
Employees must return the equipment in the same condition in which it was originally received, except for normal wear
and tear. An employee’s out-of- pocket expenses for other supplies or services will not be reimbursed unless he/she has
received prior approval of the manager. NCA&T will not reimburse the employee for travel expenses to and from the
office on days when he/she is required to come into the office.
• Employees who are unable to work due to illness must use leave, and must report their absence to their
• Employees who wish to be relieved of responsibility for work on a particular day or days must use
vacation or leave, as appropriate.
• Employee must obtain supervisor approval when making a change in his/her work schedule.
• Employee must be on site as necessary to attend meetings, training sessions, or similar events or
• The employee is not to conduct “face-to-face” NCA&T business (e.g., meetings) at the home site.
• Failure to fulfill normal work requirements, qualitative or quantitative, may be cause for disciplinary
action or dismissal.