Technology Action Research Project Proposal Instructions
Technology Action Research Digital Portfolio (PLN) Instructions:
• Review your Digital Portfolio to ensure functionality for all components.
• Create a blog space to house your bi-weekly reflections during your internship.
• Create an Internship tab that will document digital artifacts (images, screenshots, videos, embedded
Action Research Proposal Paper
• Prepare a 1 page executive summary explaining the goal of your research project (Including research
• Prepare a 2-3 page literature review (with 5-7 references) establishing context for your research project.
• Prepare a 1 page summary of your assessment protocol.
• Present any assessments, questionnaires, focus group protocols, etc. as appendices to your paper.
• Prepare a graphic organizer presenting the timeline of your research project as an appendix to your paper.
• Prepare an Informed Consent Letter as an appendix to your paper.
• Organize all materials into one APA-aligned paper (7-10 pages with references). See
https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/ for more information about preparing your work in
IRB Application Instructions:
board/ for general information about the IRB process at York College.
• Visit https://www.ycp.edu/media/york-website/institutional-research/IRB-Advice-for-Student-
Investigators.pdf for candidate information about submitting an IRB
• Visit https://www.ycp.edu/media/york-website/institutional-research/Social-and-Behavioral-Research-
Form.pdf and download the IRB form for conducting human research (Social and Behavioral).
• Complete all required areas of the form.
• Download the completed form and include it with your application
• Formally submit the application to the York College IRB ***This must be completed independently prior
to any data collection
Memorandum of Und
• Download the Memorandum of Understanding.
• Secure permission from a district level administrator to conduct the internship with a signature.
• Compile all components of your proposal and convert them (if needed) to PDF files and submit them (all
at once) to MED@ycp.edu by October 1st (Spring Internship), March 1st (Summer Internship), or July 1st
o Education Technology Internship Application
o Needs Assessment
o Internship Paper
o Signed Memorandum of Understanding
• Approval will be granted by November 1st (Spring Internship), April 1st (Summer Internship), or
August 1st (Fall Internship).
• Enroll in MED 632.