AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE RECIPIENT AND THE TOHONO O’ODHAM NATION
EDUCATION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM & HIGHER EDUCATION (THE NATION)
ll recipients must enter into a written agreement with the Tohono O’odham Nation Education Assistance Program (The
Nation) agreeing to the following:
A. GENERAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
1. Must be an enrolled member of the Tohono O’odham Nation.
2. Must be a high school graduate or have a G.E.D. Certificate.
3. Enrolled in a program of study or training for at least one year.
4. Acceptance to an accredited post-secondary institution/school.
5. Must apply for PELL Grant/FAFSA and show proof of having applied (Student Aid Report), if pursuing a
Certificate, Associate or Bachelor degree.
B. REPAYMENT POLICY
Recipients will be liable to the Tohono O’odham Nation for repayment of funds paid to the student and to the school
on the student’s behalf in the following instances:
1. Dismissal from school for academic or disciplinary reasons including conviction of criminal activities or use of
illegal substances during the period of which funding was received.
2. Providing false information on the Tohono O’odham Nation Education Assistance Program Application Form.
3. Use of funds for other than educational purposes.
4. Drop out or withdrawal from course program prior to its completion.
Requirements for application to EAP:
1. Completed, signed and dated application form.
2. Signed Agreement between the recipient and EAP.
3. Official transcripts of the last school attended or official scores from G.E.D.
4. Copy of Acceptance Letter into an accredited (post-secondary) college or university or vocational institut
tificate of enrollment.
5. Copy of Program of Study.
6. Completed and signed Authorization To Request Tribal Verification form.
7. Complete a W-9 student form
8. **We may require your assistance to obtain a W-9 school form (if we do not have a W-9 from your school)
Requirement to send to recipient’s school:
1. Submit completed (top portion) of the FNA and then send to your school’s financial aid office.
Requirements to continue to receive funding:
To continue to receive funding, recipients must maintain the following requirements:
1. Submit a copy of grades for:
a. Verification of credits completed or a progress report at the end of each term, phase, or semester.
b. An official transcript is required at the end of each Spring term or semester.
2. Submit a copy of current class schedule.
3. Maintain a 2.0 semester/term grade point average.
4. Complete the top portion of the FNA and submit to school’s financial aid office for completion.
D. ADDITIONAL AGREEMENTS
1. Recipient understands they need to maintain communication by corresponding with Specialist when there are any
changes to their student status. (For example: change of address, change of contact information, change in number
of enrolled units/credits, unforeseen emergencies, change of course(s) for semester.)
2. If Recipient, through the Intake process, is found in default, then they will not be funded for the current payout
period. The student is required to obtain a default clearance status through the EAP Audit Process before any
Intake Process can begin.