Vehicle Services Division · 500 Deaderick Street · Nashville, TN
37242 Tel (615) 399-4265 · www.tn.gov/revenue
(IRP, IFTA, INTRA)
• Account Type: Select a motor carrier account that you currently hold with
Tennessee (IRP, IFTA, or Intrastate).
• Account Number: Select the account number that corresponds to the account type
selected. You have used this number when filling out documents for renewals,
supplements, or tax filings to motor carrier or in the MoVRS system.
IRP Accounts: Your account number on TNTAP will be your account number and
fleet number used in MVS.
• Example: MVS: 12345 002 TNTAP: 12345002
• Zip Code: Select the zip code that corresponds to the account type selected.
• Authorization Info: There are three forms of authorization information you can
choose to verify your account.
1. A payment amount from the last three payments you made to this account. If
the last three payments were $0, you cannot use this option.
2. A letter ID. A letter will be mailed to you in June. The ID is located in the top
right hand corner of your letter.
3. Number validation. If you do not have a payment amount or a letter ID, use
numbers associated with the account. For IFTA, use “total miles” reported on
your IFTA last tax return. For IRP, give a VIN number for a vehicle that is
active on the account.
Once you have gathered this information, you are ready to create a TNTAP logon. Motor
Carrier accounts can be added to your TNTAP logon at the end of May 2018. At that time, go to
to create your TNTAP logon.