This document was classified as: OFFICIAL
This form should be completed by the owner or agent.
1. Applicant’s Name
Title (Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms) First Name/ Surname
Telephone No Email
2. Applicant’s Address for correspondence
3. Agent’s Name & Address
Telephone No Email
4. Builder (if known)
Name Telephone No
5. Location of work
Post Code
6. Full description of work carried out
7. What was the previous use of building/extension?
8. What is the present use?
Please Choose a title
This document was classified as: OFFICIAL
9. Cost
Estimated Cost of Work £
This notice is given in relation to the building work as described, is submitted in accordance with
Regulation 21 and is accompanied by the appropriate fee.
The use of the completed buildings IS/IS NOT a use designated under the Fire Precautions Act 1971
Applicant/Agent Date
Thank you for the information given on this form. The information provided will be used to process your application and will be held and
processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you would like more information concerning the Data Protection Act please contact the Information Commissioner.
Guidance notes for a Reversion Application
1. A Reversion Application is intended to be used in respect of the Building Regulations
2010 where an Initial Notice from a Corporate Approved Inspector has ceased to be
in force and the application is to revert back to the Local Authority.
Full Plans are required:
Where it is proposed to erect a building, or extension or where the carrying out of
underpinning will be within 3 metres of a drain or sewer shown on the relevant map of
public sewers so that consultation can be made with United Utilities, and/or
Where the work is being carried out to a building to which the Regulatory Reform
(Fire Safety) Order 2005 applies.
2. The applicant is the person on whose behalf the work is being carried out, eg. The
building’s owner.
3. One copy only of this notice needs to be completed and submitted.
4. Where the proposed work includes the erection of a new building or extension this
notice shall be accompanied by the following;
A block plan to a scale of not less than 1:1250 showing:-
The size and the position of the building, or the building as extended, and its
relationship to adjoining boundaries;
This document was classified as: OFFICIAL
The boundaries of the curtilage of the building, or the building as extended, and the
size, position and use of every other building or proposed building within that
The width and position of any street on or within the boundaries of the curtilage of the
building or the building as extended;
The provision to be made for the drainage of the building or extension.
The number of storey’s in the building to which the proposal relates.
5. Where the work involves the insertion of insulating material into the cavity walls the
notice should be accompanied with a notice that states:-
The name and type of insulation material to be used.
The name of any European Technical Approval issuing body which approved the
insulating material.
The requirements of schedule 1 in relation to which any body referred to above has
approved the insulating material.
Any national standard of a member state of the European Economic Area to which
the insulating material conforms.
The name of any body which has issued any current approval to the installer of the
insulating material.
6. Where the building work involves the provision of hot water storage system in relation
to which paragraph G3 of schedule 1 (hot water storage) imposes a requirement the
notice should be accompanied by a statement which specifies:-
The name, make model and type of hot water storage system to be installed.
The name of the body which has approved or certified that the system is capable of
performing in a way that satisfies the requirements of paragraph G3 of schedule 1.
The name of the body that has issued any current registered operative identity card to
the installer or proposed installer of the system.
7. The Reversion charge is calculated in accordance with the Stockton Borough Council
current Scheme of Charges and is payable at the time of submission. Please contact
Building Control.
8. Subject to certain provisions of the Water Industry Act owners and occupiers of
premises are entitled to have their private foul and surface water drains and sewers
connected to the public sewers, where available. Special arrangements apply to
trade effluent discharge. Persons wishing to make such connections must give not
less than 21 days notice to the appropriate authority.
9. These notes are for general guidance only.
10. People proposing to carry out building work or make a material change of use of a
building are reminded that separate permission may also be required under the Town
and County Planning Acts.
11. Having Difficulty?
If you have any difficulty completing this form, or require any further advice, please
contact Building Control.
This document was classified as: OFFICIAL