THE ANDREA SPICHER MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
This scholarship is designed to provide an opportunity to an incoming Montana Tech freshman
student determined to work hard in the face of adversity, past or present. It will assist incoming
freshmen who have maintained a 2.75 GPA or higher, graduated from a Montana state high
school, and faced great obstacles in their life. The Andrea Spicher Memorial Scholarship seeks
students who have exhibited determination, integrity, and perseverance in overcoming
adversity, in addition to possessing a financial need.
Andrea Spicher attended MT Tech from 2010-2012, she was an Honors student pursuing a
Cellular and Molecular Biology degree. Andrea was the recipient of the Montana INBRE
summer internship program at Montana State University preceding her 2012 life altering injury
and subsequent passing in 2017. Due to her faith, determination, and spirit, she returned to
Tech for the 2013-2015 school years. Andrea possessed an indomitable work ethic and passion
in pursuing her goals, while being an ardent supporter of her fellow students at Montana Tech.
The recipient of this $2,000 scholarship will be enrolled as a fulltime MT Tech student in either
the Biology or Engineering programs. $1,000 will be disbursed for the 1
semester, and upon
proving a first semester GPA of 2.75 or higher, and proof of enrollment as a fulltime student for
the following consecutive semester, the remaining $1,000 will be disbursed.
• Be a MT state high school graduate with a GPA of 2.75 or higher.
• Enroll as a full- time student at Montana Tech in either the Biology or Engineering Programs.
• Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a Bachelor’s degree.
• Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity.
• Submit a 1000 word essay describing your adversity, financial need, and career goals
• Be a US citizen