Environmental Health Clinic, Sunnybrook & Women’s College Health Sciences Centre compiled by Dr. L. M. Marshall
Ontario College of Family Physicians print design by Helen Kwan
Exposure History References
1. American Academy of Environmental Medicine. Allergy Database and Health History.
AAEM, Inc., Wichita, Kansas, 1992.
2. Anthony Honor, Birtwistle Sybil, Eaton Keith, Maberly Jonathan. Environmental Medicine
in Clinical Practice. BSAENM Publications (PO Box 28, Totton, Southampton, SO40 27A, Tel: 01
703 81 2124)
3. Bucsela J, Ed. Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry. Case Studies in
Environmental Medicine: Taking an Exposure History. US Department of Health and
Human Services, October 1992.
4. Marshall LM, Mckeown-Eyssen G, Sokoloff E, Jazmaji V. University of Toronto Health
Survey. University of Toronto, Department of Public Health Sciences, 1995.
5. Miller CS, Prihoda TJ. The Environmental Exposure and Sensitivity Inventory (EESI):
A standardized approach for measuring chemical intolerances for research and clinical
applications, Toxicology and Industrial Health 15:370–385, 1999.
6. Miller CS, Prihoda TJ. A Controlled Comparison of Symptoms and Chemical
Intolerances reported by Gulf War Veterans, Implant Recipients and Persons with
Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, Toxicology and Industrial Health 15:386–397, 1999.
7. Quinlan P, Macher JA, Alevantis LE, Cone JE. Protocol for the Comprehensive
Evaluation of Building-Associated Illness in Occupational Medicine: State of the Art
Reviews, Vol. 4, No. 4, pp. 771–797, October – December 1989. Philadelphia, Hanley &
8. Raw GJ. Office Environment Survey. Construction Research Communications Ltd.
Building Research Establishment, Garston, Watford, WE27JR, 1995.
9. Small Bruce M. Recommendations for Action on Pollution and Education in Toronto: A
Report prepared for the Pollution and Education Review Group of the Board of
Education, the City of Toronto, May 1985.
10. Steel R, Belk S, Eds. Taking an Environmental History in Handbook of Pediatric
Environmental Health, American Academy of Pediatrics, 25–31, 1999.
Input from the Environmental Health Clinic Staff and Environmental Health Committee of the Ontario College
of Family Physicians is gratefully acknowledged.