TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY-COMMERCE
SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE/RODEO PROGRAM
3059 Hwy, Campbell, TEXAS 75422
Exhibit B – Barn Rules
1) Staffed barn hours are 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Monday through Friday). Lights stay on until
2) Equine Center is closed after 10:00 PM, unless for horse related emergency.
3) Release and Liability waivers must be completed and signed prior to riding.
4) The “Barn Rules” will be monitored by the Rodeo coach, Farm Manager, Equine
Supervisor and/or appropriate faculty.
5) Instruction and Training of Barn Rules to the Rodeo students will be conducted at the
beginning of each semester by the Rodeo coach, Farm Manager, Equine Supervisor
and/or the appropriate faculty.
6) No turn out of unauthorized animals in arena.
7) Do not handle horses other than your own, unless granted with written permission.
8) Do not leave horses tied up and unsupervised.
9) Do not tie horse to arena panels at the equine center.
10) Stalls and surrounding areas will be kept clean; the student is expected to clean the stall
11) Water buckets shall be cleaned as needed and filled twice daily. They also shall be
disinfected bi-weekly with disinfectants such as appropriately diluted Roccal-D or
Roccal-D Plus or Generic equivalent.
12) Stall walls shall be cleaned and disinfected (Roccal-D) monthly, including between
residents. Stall wall cleaning must involve a brush and soap with diluted Roccal-D
disinfectant, followed 10 minutes later by a clean water rinse.
13) All stalls, feed rooms, and alleys will be kept clean. This includes holidays (if
applicable) and at the end of each semester.
14) All feed must be stored in a sealable container.
15) All personal items must be put in a locker or assigned tack room, with exception of
LOCKED grain bin and one (1) hay bale in front of the stall.
16) Clean up wash racks after each use. This means to spray any dirt off, any soap down the
drain, and pick up any manure. Roll up hose when finished.
17) Only used assigned stalls.
18) Students will be required to pay for any damages incurred to the facilities by the horse(s)
or the owner.
19) Stalls should be free of sharp or harmful objects that may injure the horse while white
noise is acceptable.