Page 1 of 2
Supervisory Evaluation Form
Supervisor’s name: ___________________________________ Department: _____________________
The following scale will be utilized for the assessment:
E-Exceeds Expectations M-Meets Expectations NI-Needs Improvement NA-Not Applicable
E M NI NA
1. Have good communication skills when dealing with his/her own staff.
2. Encourages independent thought and expression for employees he/she supervises.
3. Gets along with and reacts to employees he/she supervises with respect.
4. Is fair when dealing with people regarding differences in sex, race,
religion, politics, and education.
5. Effective in handling routine duties and possesses job knowledge required
for area of responsibility.
6. Effective in handling problems, unexpected situations and exceptions.
7. Communicates well with persons outside department.
8. Looks for ways to improve tasks, procedures, and communication.
9. Delegates responsibility to other staff members in an effective manner.
10. Conducts supervisory duties in a fair and consistent manner.
11. Handles and arbitrates conflict in an effective manner.
12. Follows policies, procedures and regulations.
13. Keeps staff informed on items that affect their position.
14. Works to ensure that schedules, budget, equipment, and materials are
allocated appropriately to support the staff.
15. Communicates with staff concerning job performance throughout the year.
16. Represents department and staff to others in a positive and effective manner.
17. Encourages professional development for employees he/she supervises.
18. Shares credit for good performance with employees he/she supervises.
What are your supervisor’s strengths?