Summer Workshop Application/Registration
July 27, 2020 1:00 P.M. - 4:00 P.M.
County of Residence:
Last First MI
Street/Route/P.O. Box City
I certify that all the information that I have provided on this registration is compl
ete and accurate to the best of my
knowledge, and I agree to observe all of the rules and regulations of the institution at which I am enrolled.
POLICING in the 21
Have you ever asked: “What kind of person should become a law enforcement officer?”
This exciting ON-LINE workshop will explore the changing world of modern policing. A panel of experts with backgrounds in
law enforcement and criminal justice will discuss:
• the types of crimes police deal with (adult & juvenile) and how are they handled
• the type of education and training required to become a law enforcement officer
• resources available to the community (victims advocate, social services, court)
• community policing
• cultural differences in communities and how they affect policing and community relations
• what the courts can do to provide alternatives to probation and confinement
• what needs to change in the criminal justice system to better serve the public.
Date of Birth
Highest Degree Earned
How did you hear about this workshop?
Would you like to receive information about other Shawnee College programs?