Summer CASA Volunteer Job Description
The Summer CASA Volunteer promotes a positive learning environment by assisting the classroom teacher
and teaching assistant with daily activities. The requirements include:
1. The Volunteer must be at least 14 years old.
2. Attend Volunteer Orientation.
3. Be prepared to work by signing in on time.
4. Follow the instructions of the classroom teacher, assistant, and other CASA staff.
5. Encourage positive behavior in our children by modeling good listening skills and promoting an atmosphere of
safety, mutual respect, and acceptance.
6. Notify the CASA office if you will be late or unable to work on the day scheduled.
7. Treat sensitive information from or about your child in a professional manner and follow up with CASA staff.
8. Serve as role models for CASA students by promoting and displaying appropriate behavior and dress.
Inappropriate behavior, including public intoxication, use of illegal substances, abuse of legal substances,
profanity, or harassment will result in dismissal.
9. Promote the welfare of the CASA program by referring questions, concerns, or suggestions to the CASA staff.
I. I have read, understood, and agree to follow the above Summer Volunteer Job Description.
II. I give permission for CASA to use my image (photos, digital, video), sound recordings of my voice,
and any materials that I submit during my affiliation with CASA.
III. I have provided correct and truthful information in the volunteer application materials that I have
submitted to CASA. I also understand that I must pass a criminal background check to become a
Applicant Signature: ______________________________________________Date __________________
FOR VOLUNTEERS UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE:
1. PLEASE COMPLETE & SUBMIT THE CASA SUMMER VOLUNTEER APPLICATION ADDENDUM.
2. Parent Signature: _________________________________Phone: ______________________Date: __________
Return application to: 263 College Avenue, Graves Hall, B-40 PO Box 9000 Holland, MI 49422-9000
(616) 395-7944 email@example.com www.hope.edu/casa
Please indicate the mornings that you will volunteer:
(Please refer to Overview for CASA hours)
____ No Preference
Lower (1 – 3) ____ Upper (4 – 5)
In addition to English, please list any languages that you speak:
If you have a valid driver’s license, have you had it for at least
two years? ____ Yes _____No
While preference is given to those who are
available for the full schedule, volunteers may select
the days and times that work best for them. For the
sake of planning, we request that the schedule be
followed once arrangements are made.
click to sign
click to edit
click to sign
click to edit