Information for Travelers – Student/Guest Travel
Step One – Plan your Travel
Prepare an estimated budget. Quotes for airfares, accommodation and car hire must be obtained from Corporate Travel Management
(CTM). For domestic travel visit https://www.alluretravel.com.au. For international travel, create a booking request in Concur. Entering
your details in Concur will send a request to CTM for a quote.
Please Note: no bookings are to be made at this time only quotes.
In preparing your estimated budget, keep in mind available funds in the account and JCU daily limits:
Accommodation $250 per night
Meals and Incidentals $100 (full day), $60 (part day - Traveller departed after 9am or returned before 5pm)
Step Two – Complete Travel Request Form
Extract the Travel Request form from this document to complete it.
Hints for filling out the travel request form:
Number of attendees – indicate here the number of other attendees who have the same travel details as you. If the other
attendees have different travel plans they will require a separate travel request. Ensure you complete the details on the Other
Attendees page (you do not need to complete the attendee list if all of the attendees are listed in the Field Trip Module
You must indicate if your trip will include a component of private travel, ie. days when you are not conducting JCU business. If
“Yes” is selected, please complete the Travel Diary page. The University will not pay for any expenses incurred on private
ORGU, Project, Fund – this is commonly referred to as the “account code”. If you do not know the JCU account code that will
be used to cover the cost of your travel, please speak to your supervisor.
Payment method options:
- FABs Central Card - all flights and car hire
- Travel Credit Card - if you have a JCU corporate credit card, this should be used to cover your travel expenses
- OIC Credit Card - if someone travelling with you has a JCU corporate credit card, this should be used to pay for your
expenses where possible.
- Request Travel Credit Card - if you don't have a JCU corporate credit card, you can request one (conditions apply)
- Creditor payment (invoice) - recommended for large amounts or for suppliers who don't accept credit card.
- Reimburse Upon Return - you will pay for the expense and seek reimbursement upon completion of travel
- Travel Officer Credit Card - if the above options are not suitable, a dtestravel@ officer will pay for the expense
IMPORTANT – Sign the form electronically. Forms that are not digitally signed will be returned.
IMPORTANT – Do NOT forward the form to your supervisor to sign but please do provide the name of your supervisor in the “Acct
Holder/Supervisor” field in the signature box.
Step Three – Source Travel Approval
Collate supporting documentation and submit all paperwork to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure you attach the necessary supporting
documentation. A list of supporting documentation is provided in the DTES Travel Requirements table in this package.
dtestravel@ will source the necessary approvals for you. You will receive an email from dtestravel@ once your travel is approver.
IMPORTANT Timeframes to Remember:
DOMESTIC travel – begin the completion of relevant forms and sourcing of approvals a minimum of 3 weeks prior to travel
INTERNATIONAL travel – begin the completion of relevant forms and sourcing of approvals a minimum of 6 weeks prior to travel