College of Science and Technology Course Override Procedure
ill in student information (use F numbers not social security numbers)
• Enter student email address (just in case we need to contact them for some reason, this is not likely).
• Enter year and check the appropriate term.
• Enter Course CRN, Subject, and number, up to four courses can be entered – more than 4, get another form.
• Initial appropriate overrides as appropriate (see below). We are asking for initials because students have
“added” check marks in the past.
• If using the “electronic” version, just check the appropriate box
o Listing the waived / conflicting / linked courses is not required, but it will help us track overrides,
identify errors in banner and ultimately reduced the need for overrides.
o Banner will only allow registration for the overrides that are entered. For example, you may override
a pre-requisite for your course, but if the course is full the student will not be able to register unless
you override that restriction as well.
• Sign and date then either:
o Give the form to your chair (or Dean) or take it to either office
If using the “electronic” version, type your name and email to your chair.
ave the student take the form to either office
o Forms will be processed within 24 hours
• Completed forms will be kept in the office until the start of the following semester.
NFORM the student that they should wait 24 hours and then register for the course. Even though restrictions
have been overridden STUDENTS MUST STILL REGISTER.
Enable registration for a course that is full
Enable registration for a course with class restrictions (e.g. restricted to seniors)
Enable registration for a course that is restricted by major (e.g. Education)
Special Approval - enable registration for a course that requires instructor approval
Waive a prerequisite or co-requisite requirement – please list the waived course(s)
Pre/co-requisites are attached to the lecture section, so it is not necessary to enter lab
section information if you are ONLY waiving pre/co-requites.
Enable registration in courses that have a time conflict – please list the conflicting course
Enable registration for a course that is linked to another course – please list the linked
Overriding duplicate enrollment and level restrictions require a different form which must be sent to the registrar.