Steps to Apply for CalFresh
Step 1 Bring the following items to the Financial Aid Office:
Copy of valid State Issued Identification/Military Card or School Identification Card
Proof of Income
Last Paystub
Proof of Child Support orders
Copy of Financial Aid Award Letter (can be obtained on your MyVCCCD student portal)
Proof of any other income you receive
Proof of Expenses
Lease Agreement/Rent Receipts/Mortgage Statement or Proof of Shelter Expenses (if applicable)
Utility Bills (telephone, heat, gas/electricity, water/sewage/garbage, etc.) (If applicable)
Child Care Receipts
Child Support Payments
Proof of any other expenses
Step 2 Go to the Financial Aid Office (located in the Fountain Hall Building) to complete the CalFresh
Step 3 Complete the online CalFresh application.
Any questions or for CalFresh application assistance, please contact:
Financial Aid Office
Moorpark College
Fountain Hall Building
7075 Campus Road
Moorpark, CA 93021
Guadalupe Bedolla
(805) 553-4702
Claudia Solorzano
(805) 553-4703
See If I am Eligible:
This allows you to answer a few questions without
creating an account or completing an application.
Household = a person living alone or a
group of people living together (they do
not have to be related) who buy food
and make meals together. *Minimum
amount is $16/month
Could I Be Eligible?
ffective Oct. 1, 2017 Sept. 30, 2018
Yes/No Does your household meet the income eligibility to the left?
Yes/No Is anyone in the household a US
or LPR (lawful permanent
Yes/No Does anyone in the household receive Supplemental Security
Yes/No Is anyone in the household a student? If yes, please see back for
Yes/No Is anyone in the household aged 60 or over OR have a
disability? If yes, special
may apply to increase benet
amount from $16.
Yes/No Does anyone in the household have a child 0‐5 years of age?
Depending on your answers to the above questions, you may be
eligible to receive extra money for food each month. (Special
eligibility rules may apply)
Funded by USDA SNAP, known in California as CalFresh, an equal opportunity provider and employer, and the California Department of Social Services.
If you are a student between the ages of 18 and 49, enrolled in at least 6 units, have no meal plan (or have a meal plan that
provides ten or less of your meals/week), you must also meet any ONE of the following:
Working and getting paid for an average of 20 hours per week OR a total of 80 hours a month
Approved (or awarded or accepted) for federal or state work study, anticipates working, and has not refused a work
assignment (can still be eligible even if a work study job has not begun or is not currently available)
Students attending community college, receiving Cal Grant A and falling within the following qualifications:
unmarried; AND 25 years of age or younger; AND household income less than $50,000
Students attending CSU or UC, receiving Cal Grant A OR B, and falling within the following qualifications: unmarried;
AND 25 years of age or younger; AND household income less than $50,000
Ben enrolled in a state funded program that increases employability (EOP, EOPS, WIOA, DSPS, SAS, CARE, US
McNair, Puente Project, or MESA)
Be enrolled in a program that increases employability for current and former foster youth (Guardian Scholars, FYSI,
CAFYES, Chafee (ETC), or Extended Foster Care)
Be ex
erting parental control over a dependent household member under the age of 6 OR between the age of 6 and
12 with no adequate childcare (as determined by the county on a case
se basis)
Be a single parent of a dependent household member under the age of 12 AND enrolled fulltime (6 units)
Participating in the CalFresh Employment and Training Program (CFET) or be a recipient of CalWORKs or JOBS
Other things to consider:
Unpaid internships or volunteer work do not count towards the work requirement
Students who live with their parents must be 22 years of age or older to apply as an individual household
International, DACA, and DREAM students may not be eligible, even with a work VISA/SSN