Page 1 of 3
Solent University – Summary of Support Needs
Please complete this form to assist the University to identify appropriate
academic support for your individual needs. Return it with the completed
Access Solent registration form and copies of any relevant documentation.
If you have any questions about any part of this form, please contact Access
Solent by email on
or call 02382 015 200 and ask to
speak with an Adviser from Access Solent.
Full name:
Date of birth:
Full postal address:
(including postcode)
E-mail Address:
Telephone Number:
Mobile Phone Number:
Course(s) Applied for:
Remember: Support you had previously does not automatically continue.
Support provided at university may be different to what you have received
In order to set up support, you need to:
1) Provide Access Solent with a copy of your current diagnostic evidence (e.g. Educational
Psychologist report, medical letter).
2) Complete this form and the Access Solent registration form and return to Access Solent.
3) Apply for Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) if you are eligible. More information is
available at . Apprentices are not
eligible to apply for DSA
4) You need to meet with an Access Solent Adviser to fully set up support. Once our Advisers
have read your returned documents, they will advise you on next steps.
Please turn over page to complete the next section
Page 2 of 3
Please provide details of your declared condition/s and the impact this may have on your study
activities. Please include details of any specific support you previously received at
school/college/work. Information you provide here may be shared within the University to
help to plan for your potential support.
Name and description of your condition(s)
Assignment work and essay writing
Research and reading
Taking notes and listening
Time management and organisation (e.g. meeting multiple deadlines)
Group work
Practical work
Delivering presentations
Course trips or other off-site activities
Page 3 of 3
Other support (e.g. large print, mobility considerations, equipment, travel to campus)
Please detail any ongoing health treatments or mental health therapies you want us to be
aware of.
Please note: This is for information onlyAn opportunity to register with a local GP is
usually made available shortly after enrolment. Please arrange the transition of any ongoing
support with your current doctor/consultant/therapist before you start your course.
Do you have any other requirements (e.g. personal assistance, support from Adult Care Teams,
Disability Living Allowance (DLA)/Personal Independence Payments (PIP))?
Please note: This is for information only - we do not arrange this support.
Remember to return the following:
Completed Summary of Support Needs form
Completed and signed Access Solent Registration form
Copy of diagnostic evidence
Copy of Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) Needs Assessment report (if you
have it)
Completed Personal needs form for living in Student Residences (if
What happens next? Access Solent will contact you by email to confirm receipt of this
form and advise you of the next step.
Please return your completed forms by post or email:
Post: Access Solent, Solent University, East Park Terrace, Southampton, SO14 0YN
Chrome Web Store
It looks like you haven't installed the Fill Chrome Extension Add to Chrome