1 | Page
SIGN PERMIT INFORMATION
Wall signs § 115-159.5 (A) (5) (All Zoning Districts)
150 sq. feet or 15% of the total square footage of the wall area on which the signs are located,
whichever is greater.
Ground signs § 115-159.5 (A) (6)
Survey required if within the following:
• Front yard setback 5 ft.
• Side yard setback 20 ft. or 25 ft. from the right-of-way of an intersection
• 100 ft. of a dwelling, church, school or public lands
§ 115-159.5 (A) (4)
• Max sign area 200 sq. feet of sign area per side
Billboards (off-premises signs) § 115-159.5 (B)
Permitted in C-1, CR-1, LI-1, LI-2 or HI-1 ZONING DISTRICTS ONLY
Special Use Exception required from the Board of Adjustment
• DeIDOT approval letter required
• No side-by-side or stacked signs permitted
• Max sign area 300 sq. ft. per side (600 sq. ft. total) under 4 lane roads
• Max sign area 600 sq. ft. per side (1200 sq. ft. total) on 4 or more lane roads
Survey required showing the following.
• 50 ft. separation distance from an on premise sign
• Front yard setback 40 ft.
• Side yard setback 50 ft.
• Rear yard setback equal to rear yard setback of Zoning District
• 150 ft. from edge property line from a dwelling, church, school or public lands
Roads which have less than 4 travel lanes (excluding turn lanes)
• Max height 25 ft.
• 600 ft. separation distance from another billboard measured as a radius
Roads which have 4 or more travel lanes (excluding turn lanes) (Rt1, Rt113, Rt13)
• Max height 35 ft.
• 600 ft. separation distance from another billboard measured linear on roads 4 lanes