First Semester Bennett Test (B
ennett Mechanical Comprehension Test II)
tt Mechanical Comprehension Test®-second edition (BMCT®-II) is an assessment tool for measuring a
candidate’s aptitude for and ability to perceive and understand the relationship of physical forces and mechanical
principles in practical situations. The BMCT®-II may be used to measure aptitude and predict performance in vocational
and technical training settings, and to select candidates for mechanical, technical, engineering, and similar occupations.
The BMCT®-II is a web-based test administered online and may be administered to an individual or to a small group. All
items are multiple-choice.
• Second attempt must be minimum of 30 days after initial attempt
• Third attempt must be minimum of 6 months after second attempt
• Payment must be made through the SOWELA business office.
• Receipt of payment must be presented to the testing center to schedule the date/time to take your test.
• The current cost for the test is $25.
• The BMCT®-II is an online timed 25 (twenty-five) minute test.
• Must have an active SOWELA student account with an L number to take the test.
Random and For Cause Drug Screening may occur for students enrolled in Process Technology courses. Any student may
be subject to testing who is suspected of being under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs. If selected at random or for
cause, the student must submit to drug testing and provide documentation to prove a successful passing of the test
within 24 hours of being selected. Refusal to submit to a drug screening in any category (random, for cause) is grounds
for dismissal from the program.
• Must be submitted to Support Coordinator within 24 hours
o Weekend testing must submit documentation electronically, all others should be a physical drop off
• Student responsible for fee (usually $25)
• Imperial Health Urgent Care Center is recommended
o (337) 310-CARE
o 4201 Nelson Road, Suite 100 in Lake Charles
• In-home testing will NOT be accepted. Testing must be completed through a licensed and approved company.
• Student does not have to reapply once selected for full-progression into the Process Technology program.
• Students who have met all progression requirements and are waitlisted due to limited availability during the
semester in which the student applied for progression will have greater consideration through the wait list for
the next available semester.
• Graduation packets must be submitted to the Support Coordinator during the student’s 2
to last semester.
The PTEC faculty may perform an unofficial transcript evaluation. However, official transcript evaluations are performed
by the Office of the Registrar at SOWELA Technical Community College. Transfer students are responsible for confirming
course transfers through the Office of the Registrar and notifying PTEC Faculty of any discrepancy between the unofficial
transcript(s) evaluation and the official transcript evaluation provided to the student by the Office of the Registrar.
Last Updated 10-22-19