Priority Categories - Health Professio
Health Professions Preparatory Scholarships - (Below is the list of disciplines to be supported and priority is based on academic level).
1. Pre-Nursing (Soph, Jr. & Sr. undergraduate years)
Health Professions Pre-graduate Scholarships
Senior, Junior, Sophomore, and Freshman)
- (Below is the list of disciplines to be supported and priority is based on academic level:
1. Pre-Dentistry (Jr. & Sr. undergraduate years)
2. Pre-Medicine (Jr. & Sr. undergraduate years)
Indian Health Professions Scholarships - (Below is a list of disciplines to be supported and priority is based on academic level, unless
specified: Graduate, Senior, Junior, Sophomore and Freshman).
1. Clinical Psychology: Ph.D. and Psy.D. only
2. Counseling Psychology-Ph.D
3. Dentistry: D.D.S. or D.M.D.
4. Social Work: Masters level only (Concentrations in Mental Health, Clinical)
5. Medicine: Allopathic and Osteopathic (MD & DO)
6. Nurse: R.N. Bachelors Degree (BSN, Clinical)
7. Nurse(NP,DNP) Nurse Practitioner/Advance Practice Nurses in: Nurse Anesthetist, & Certified Nurse Midwife
10. Physician Assistants: PA-C (certified)
11. Physical Therapy: M.S. and D.P.T.
PLEASE LIST OTHER HEALTH PROFESSIONS NOT LISTED BUT WOULD LIKE TO BE CONSIDERED.
Page 1 of 1
Scholarship Program - Priority Categories Chart Year 2020
Regulations at 42 CFR Part 36.304 provide that the IHS shall, from time to time, publish a list of health professions eligible for consideration for the award of Indian Health
Professions Preparatory, Pre-graduate and Health Scholarships. Section 104 (b)(1) of the IHCIA, as amended by the Indian Health Care Amendments of 1988, Pub. L 100-713,
authorizes the IHS to determine specific health professions for which Indian Health Scholarships will be awarded. The lists of priority disciplines provided below are based on
previous program priorities. Please enter any additional priorities at the bottom of the list.
Please check priority level
click to sign
click to edit