STUDENT NAME: __________________________________________ ID#: __________________
11.4.19 cm FAPLx
If your appeal is approved, you will be placed on an academic plan with specified conditions of academic
performance evaluated at the end of each semester. If you meet the specified conditions, your status on an academic
plan may continue until you meet the minimum satisfactory academic progress standards within the allowable
For our office to determine if you can meet the minimum satisfactory academic progress standards within four
semesters for undergraduates (two for graduate students), please self-certify the requested information below. Please
be aware, if you are approved for a plan, you will be required to complete the number of credits you listed below to
remain eligible for aid. We recommend that students put down the minimum amount of credits they are planning
on taking. The maximum credits that a student can plan to take is 16. If you have a GPA hold, our office will
estimate your future GPA between 2.25 - 2.75 (3.25 – 3.75 for grad students) plus the credits you have listed below
to determine your future eligibility.
Semesters you plan to
Semester and year
(ex. fall 2020)
Number of credits you plan to
Student Certification of Understanding
● I understand that approval is not guaranteed. If my appeal is denied I am responsible for any and all charges
on my Boise State student account, even if the decision is received after the date to drop for a refund of
fees. I can only appeal once a semester.
● I certify that the information contained in this Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal (SAP) form,
supporting documentation and statements, is accurate and complete to the best of my knowledge. I
understand any false information is cause for the reduction, denial and/or repayment of student financial
● I understand that if it is mathematically impossible for me to meet the minimum academic standards within
the allowable timeframe, my appeal will be denied.
● I acknowledge that I will complete 100% of all enrolled credits I self-certified in step 2. Grades of “I”, “F”,
“W”, or “CW” will not count as completed and will result in removal from the academic plan and possibly
loss of financial aid eligibility.
● If my appeal is approved and I fail to meet the conditions of my Academic Plan, or fail to meet any other
SAP standard, I will become ineligible for federal and state financial aid and certain private loans.
● I understand that any SAP hold, including a warning or academic plan, may cause a delay of future financial
aid disbursements until the Registrar’s Office indicates that grades are “official” for the prior term and the
Financial Aid and Scholarships office is able to verify that I have met the required conditions to either
regain eligibility or continue on the academic plan.
● I acknowledge that if I am not enrolled in the minimum amount of credits I indicated on this appeal, my
financial aid will not release and I will have failed my plan. If I am below my required amount of credits on
census, I understand that my released financial aid will be pulled back and I will owe it back.
Student’s Signature (hand-signed only) Date