Financial Aid' Office
Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Form
Student Name___________________ UH ID#______________ KCC Major___________
1. Submit an Appeal Letter. On a separate piece of paper, answer the following questions
completely and thoroughly:
• Explain the circumstances that caused you to fall below the financial aid satisfactory standards
(cumulative 2.00 GPA; 67% cumulative course completion rate; completing program within
maximum timeframe). Give specific information and dates. If possible, please attach
supporting documentation to strengthen your case. (Ex. Doctor’s papers, letter from
counselor, therapist, social worker, legal documents, etc).
• Explain what changes you have made (or will make) to overcome the hardships you listed
above. List the steps you have taken (or will take) to ensure success in your future studies.
Be specific about your goals.
2. Make an appointment with your Academic Counselor
• Appointment should be no less than 1 week in the future
o Appt. date and time:
• Your Academic Counselor will provide you with an Academic Plan.
• Develop a reasonable class schedule with your counselor that will help you meet the
requirements of your academic plan
3. Submit the completed Appeal Packet.
• Submit the completed Appeal to the Financial Aid Office for review.
If your appeal is approved, you will be notified of specific requirements and benchmarks that you will
have to meet each semester in order to remain eligible for financial aid. Generally students are only
eligible for one approved appeal. If denied, then any balance owed to the school must be paid out of
pocket or from other sources other than Federal Financial Aid.
Generally, the deadline to submit an appeal is the last day of the withdrawal period (approximately 3
weeks into the semester). Late submission can be accepted upon approval. See the Kaua`i Community
College Academic Calendar for exact dates.
Office Use Only: ___Appeal Letter __Approved __Denied
Kaua’i Community College does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, color, national origin, or disability in its programs and activities. For
more information or inquiries regarding these policies, please contact Title IX Coordinator, 808-245-8395 or Alicia Sams, Student Support
Counselor, firstname.lastname@example.org, 808-245-8317.
3-1901! Kaumuali‘i Highway
Līhu‘e, Hawai‘i 96766-9500
Telephone: (808) 245-8360
Fax: (808) 245-0100
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution