• I understand that it is my responsibility to request accommodations in
a timely manner from the Student Accessibility Office to ensure they
are provided as soon as possible.
• I understand that I may request accommodations at any point during
my time as a student at Virginia State University and that
accommodations are not retroactive and start when my professor
receives my Accommodations Letter.
• I am responsible for working in collaboration with the Student
Accessibility Office staff to determine reasonable accommodations.
• I am responsible for advocating for myself and monitoring my own
progress. I will alert the Student Accessibility Office if I need assistance
with accommodation related issues or concerns as soon as possible.
• I understand that it is my responsibility to request Accommodations
Letters and submit my course schedule each semester to the Student
• I agree to notify the Student Accessibility Office if I need textbooks or
other printed material in an alternate format. It is recommended that
this contact occur prior to the start of classes each semester.
• I understand that it is my responsibility to contact the Student
Accessibility Office if I have classroom accessibility issues that I cannot
• I acknowledge that in order to use the Student Accessibility Office for
testing accommodations, I must adhere to all testing policies and
• I agree to abide by the Virginia State University Student Code of
Conduct, which includes the Student Academic Code. To access the
VSU Honor Code, please visit
I have read and understand the Student Accessibility Office Student
Rights and Responsibilities.
Name: (please print) _______________________________
click to sign
click to edit