Sahlgrenska academy at the University of Gothenburg
have accepted the following agreement regarding
accepts the task as principal supervisor
The scope and content is regulated in the General regulations for third-cycle studies at the
Scope of supervision (decision by Sahlgrenska Academy Board, 21 September 2016)
- A full-time third-cycle student is entitled to at least 80 hours of continuous, needs-adapted
supervision per year for the equivalent of four years of full-time studies. A part-time third-
cycle student is entitled to supervision of a corresponding scope for no more than eight years.
- The supervision time will be allocated between the principal and assistant supervisor.
- The principal and assistant supervisor will have a joint meeting with the third-cycle student at
least once a year to follow up and plan the studies.
Supervision time includes (decision by Sahlgrenska Academy Board, 21 September 2016)
- the time t
hat the supervisor and third-cycle student spend working on the third-cycle student’s
studies, such as the research project, courses and personal development dialogue,
- drawing up and following up the individual study plan,
- reviewing text,
- planning seminars and the public defence of their doctoral thesis,
- introducing the third-cycle student to national and international networks,
- career coaching.
2. Principal supervisors commitment
The principal supervisor agrees that within the scope of the assignment to:
i. be informed about the laws and ordinance that regulates the third cycle education,
including the university of Gothenburg’s and Sahlgrenska academy´s rules for education
of third cycle studies,
ii. be responsible for the establishment of the electronic individual study plan, including,
but not limited to, time plan and funding plan, for the third cycle student,
iii. be responsible for supervision of the third cycle student, in accordance with the
individual study plan,
SUPERVISION AGREEMENT– PRINCIPAL SUPERVISOR
Third cycle student
Date of birth
Date of birth